Chapter 14

Gerard was panicking and his words were spilling out of his mouth in gibberish something along the lines of

OHGODNBDNDJEFRANKSNNNSNNSTHECOPSSJOSJEKETHENEWSKJSLKSKSMTHEYKNOWWW

Did they catch on to us already? did the cops know where we were?

I turned my head to see the small television with the headline

BELLEVILLE MOTHER FOUND STABBED IN NEIGHBORHOOD STREETS

"oh shit" I barely whispered as I listened to the news report

the woman continued,

"Using neighborhood security cameras we were able to see a single stabber run away with a possible accomplice after the crime. Faces were unable to be caught, but we suspect a local friend or family member is our murderer."

Mike clicked off the TV.

"I think you guys need to go... I can't have cops sniffin round here."

I knew this guy wasn't a true friend, well maybe he was... If I were him I might not have let us stay at my place...fugitives. That's what we are now....fugitives.

It kinda all just sunk in, I had murdered my own mother, oh my god....I'm a monster. Gerard probably thinks I'm a monster too. Im insane. I belong in a mental hospital. Im a MURDERER.

I wasn't aware of anything happening around me, I must've zoned out, Gerard looked at me very concerned and just picked me up and held me close.

"You're not a monster, Frankie." Gerard soothed

"shit...did I say that out loud?"

"yeah, you said a lot out loud. it's gonna be okay. we have to wait for this to blow over, I won't leave you."

Damn I hoped this was true, I don't know what I'd do without Gerard.. he saved me from myself.

I grabbed a hold of Gerard's hand as he dropped me and we walked out of Mike's house.

After walking for about 2 minutes I asked,

"So where are we going?"

"Just the city, there's gotta be a safe place there." Gerard mumbled

He was worrying, he was better at hiding it than I was. I knew though, it was my fault for this mess we were in. I shouldn't have let Gerard drag himself into this. he didn't deserve this. I did.

after walking a good hour, we were surrounded by huge buildings and swarming taxis. We bolted down the bustling street still keeping our heads down to avoid any recognition. we sped into a small cafe and sat down after ordering some coffee.

a short lady with grey hair walked in ad Gerard's eyes nearly shot out of his head when he got a look at her. she turned her face and had the same expression.

Gerard whispered, "Helena?"