(7) Crap, i'm in love with a vampire

Autsin’s  POV.

“The what?” she asked.

“The vampire council.” I said gravely starring at my brothers terrified faces.

“You guys have a council?” She asked looking bemused.

“They know about herAustin.” Calvin said, his eyes boring into mine.

“Me?” she asked; being temporarily left out of the conversation.

“Did they send?” I asked wondering how they came to know of this. Calvin nodded and handed me a short piece of parchment with the royal crest on it. A lion with an arrow through its heart. I unfolded it and began to read it.

It is to the council’s understanding that you have become in the possession of a Varden. However as we thought extinct and well taken care of, one still lives on. This creature shares the blood of a human and a vampire and is illegal and a true disgrace to the Vampric community and must be taken care of immediately. This creature must die. However it may live by the circumstances of it becoming a full fledge vampire and accept our way of life. After he/she is turned he/she must belong to somebody, be their lifemate. We are confident that all living in the Graver manner have understanding in this and know the actions they must take. We will meet again old friends.

-the council

I starred down at the paper for a long time, trying to calm myself. Rosie was going to die. I knew she would never agree to become a vampire or even be my lifemate. And maybe there was no way of convincing her, I just knew she couldn’t die.

“Austin.” She asked walking up to me slowly and putting a hand on my shoulder. “What’s wrong?” I sighed and turned to my brother’s.

“Can you give us a minute?” I asked. They all nodded and reluctantly walked out of the room closing the door behind them.

I grabbed the hand that was on my shoulder and pulled her down to sit on the bed. I sighed and rubbed her back trying to calm her down from what she was about to read.

“You must be understanding about this Rosie. Please try.” I said. She looked at me confused as I handed her the paper.

I watched her facial expression turn from confusion to pain to tears and then to confusion again. When she was done she let the parchment float out of her hands and onto the carpet, and starred straight at the wall in front of her.

“Lifemate.” She whispered.

“yes.” I whispered back looking into her eyes reading all the pain that swallowed her.

“I’m not afraid to die, Austin. I don’t think I can be afraid anymore. This is my life now. Varden…or…vampire.” She choked out the last part. I knew she hated us but I never expected her to just take it like a deserved slap in the face.

“You’re not okay becoming a vampire Rosie. I will not let you die.” I said

“Why cant you just let me go, I’m not afraid to die, I’m not afraid of anything anymore.” She said truthfully looking intently for my answer in my eyes.

“Because I love you.”

……………………………………..

Rosie’s  POV.

Those words struck me. He looked so real to me. His words felt real and red hot and made my stomach do weird things. I looked into those beautiful blue eyes and believed him. I knew he loved me, in what way? I wasn’t so sure, but he did. And in a sense I loved him too. Crap, I’m in love with a vampire.

My mind was confused and blurry with changing emotion. I was in love with a vampire. I picked myself off the bed quickly feeling vulnerable and small on the bed next to Austin who was a foot and a half taller than me. He stood up too and moved so quickly in front of me I couldn’t even blink.

He stood an inch from my face his cold breath tickling my ear and running across my lips making me shiver in anticipation.

“Please.” He whispered onto my lips, his brushing mine. “Don’t deny it. Learn to love me. please.” He whispered his voice turning husky.

“I don’t need to learn.” I whispered back. In that instant I thought he was going to grab me and kiss me. But instead he jerked backward and searched my face.

“What?” he asked his face stone and serious.

I sighed such a guy, always surprised when a woman gives them what they want when they don’t expect us to give it to them.

“Are you going to stand there and freak out or kiss me already?” I asked impatiently with a mischievous smile in my face.

His face instantly matched mine when he smiled and pulled me into his and joined our lips together, moving together in perfect unison.