Chapter Five.

I walked downstairs to find some supper. I went into the kitchen and surprisingly saw my whole family there, minus Mike.

Mom was crying. Dad was trying to comfort her. Melissa was crying, too but not as much as mom.

"What's going on?" I asked slowly, kind of nervous to hear the answer.

Just then the doorbell rang. I went and answered it. The neighbours from across the road appeared in front of me. They had a son, my age and a daughter Mike's age. They brought pie. Yum.

"We are so sorry," the mother, Alicia, told me with tears in her eyes. That's when Mom cried even more and I let the Johnson's in. Caleb, the one my age gave me a hug. He wouldn't let go.

I finally let go. I saw Alicia comforting Mom and Dad wasn't there. Jasmine, Alicia's daughter, was talking to Melissa.

What the hell was going on?

"I'm so sorry," Caleb told me.

"About?"

"Your loss, what else?"

My what? Oh, my God! Where's Mike? Tears started coming into my eyes. Mike's gone, he's never coming back! With that, I broke down and cried. This whole thing was like a crying fiesta.

Caleb was now on the ground next to me, his arms around me while I cried into his chest.

It felt like my world fell into the darkness. A huge hole was in my chest.

Just then, Mike came into the kitchen. "Hey, why's everyone crying?"

"Mike? MIKE!" I yelled and ran up and hugged him. "Wait, why aren't you dead?"

"I'm supposed to be dead? You hate me that much?"

"If you're not the dead one, who is?" I asked turning to my dad.

"Your grandma, Gina died yesterday night," My dad informed me.

That's why mom was crying so much , her mother died. If I lost my mother, I'd cry twice as much as she is now.

"But... No... How?" I was stuttering.

"She was sick and her heart just stopped."

I broke down and cried all over again. This can't be happening. The last time I saw her, I was fourteen, now I'm seventeen and pregnant. This is going to be the saddest birthday ever.

I can't tell them now that I'm pregnant, I have to wait because this is the wrong time.

___

Six hours of crying passed by, it was now twelve. I had no more tears anymore, but my eyes were swollen and red. I prayed to God that he'd take good care of my grandmother. I really miss her and love her. She was my role model and now she's gone and not coming back.

___

* Two days later *

Today was the day. The day that my grandmother was going underground.

The funeral took a few hours and then it was time for the burial. Only close friends and family had been invited.

Everyone dressed in black and tears were everywhere. We all watched as they buried my grandmother. Her favourite colour was red, so I bought many red roses and put them by the gravestone. I said my goodbye to her and we all left.

My phone was shut off, I wouldn't answer the home phone, I wouldn't even talk to guests.

I decided to take a nap.

Two hours later, someone threw rocks at my window. I got out of bed and opened the window.

"Hey, can we talk?"

"I'm in no mood to talk." I told Josh.

"Fine, I talk, you listen?" 

I nodded. He climbed through the window and into my room. Our rooms were so close to each others that we could do that.

"Thanks."

I just ignored him and went to my bed. He followed. And sat beside me.

"So, are you having an abortion?"

"I just lost a family member, I don't want to lose another."

"Well I told my parents, they aren't impressed," he said with a frown.

"I haven't told mine yet."

"Oh. Do you hate me?" he asked me.

"Yep."

"But we're having a baby together, you can't hate me."

"The baby doesn't change a thing," I told him.

"Yet."

"What?" I asked with confusion.

"Nothing, I should be going. Just want to let you know, I'll be by your side the whole pregnancy, I'll be here whenever you need me. I care about you, and I have for a while." With that, he hugged me, kissed my forehead and rubbed my back. Then he left.

All sorts of thoughts were in my head. Did he mean that? Can I trust him? Maybe he's not such a bad guy? Etc.

Melissa popped into my room and nearly gave me a heart attck.

"Whoa! Give me a heart attack much!" I said frightened.

"Didn't mean to but I need to talk to you. I found this in the bathroom closet." She held out a pregnancy test that had a plus sign on it.

***

Thanks for reading!
LOVE YOU ALL ! <3