chapter sixteen: [scream sisters]

Start from the beginning

   I rubbed my eyes of water and looked down, seeing the dirty water drain out. My toes wiggled, swishing the water. I was going to look up, before the drain bubbled, sending up some water. My eyebrows furrowed, before dark water came up. I gasped and stepped back. Dark, red water continued to come out, pooling at the end of the bath. Face scrunching in disgust, I stepped all the way to the back of the shower. As the water built up, I recognized more of the red, blood-like, water inch it's way closer to me.

     The same noise from when I turned on the shower head rang out again, and I watched the shower head shake. I looked to it and suddenly the same red water was being sprayed at me. I screamed and tried to move, but it seemed where ever I moved, red was being sprayed. I screamed louder and shoved the curtain aside, hopping out. My left foot made a squeaking noise, before my body hit the floor. I let out a grunt of pain as my bare hip crashed to the tile.

   "Indigo!" A shout came from behind the door, and I knew it was Stiles from the voice. My eyes widened and I turned back to the shower, seeing-

Clean water.

   My eyebrows furrowed as I stood up slowly, stepping slowly towards it. The water at the drain was clean, the water from the shower head was clean, there was absolutely no remains of the blood water.

"Indigo! Open the door! Please, Indigo! Say something!" Stiles shouted again, and the door shook as he hit it. I jumped to my senses, rushing to the sink, as I reached under and grabbed a towel, wrapping it around my body. I sniffled and looked to the mirror one last time, seeing drops of water under my eyes. Whether they were tears or not, I wiped them away, grabbing the handle and twisting it open, revealing a wide-eyed Stiles.

   "Oh, thank god." He breathed out in relief, before he stepped forward and wrapped his arms around me. His arms made my eyes shut, at ease now. I held one hand on my towel, as I wrapped one arm around him. He held me closer, pulling me in even more. I sniffled and allowed it, honestly needing it.

"Are- are you okay?" Stiles' voice asked. I didn't want to nod and say I was, because- I wasn't. What the hell had just happened? Can I even explain it? Will Stiles have any idea on what happened?

    "Please, answer. With something so I know you're alive. . ." Stiles exhaled. I leaned out of the hug, looking directly up and into his hazel eyes.

"I, I don't know what happened. I was showering and- then. . ."

   "Hey, it's okay." Stiles gave me a small smile, placing his palms on either side of my head in a comforting way. "You're okay.

I shook my head. "I don't think I am, Stiles. Not even close."

˛

    "So, Indigo, you can't tell us anything else? You just- slipped?"

Sheriff Stilinski had been interrogating me for the past five minutes after I'd gotten dressed in the clothes Melissa had given me, asking me loads of questions. Although, I couldn't tell him anything that would help, nor would he know anything.

   "Yeah." I breathed out. "I mean, it's not a big deal right? Why are there police here? It was just a little water slip."