Chapter 10- The Duelling Club

Start from the beginning

Once we were out of potions class, which was our last lesson for the day, Hermione, Harry, Ron, Sydney and I all ran straight to moaning Myrtle's bathroom (making sure, of course, Percy the Prefect was nowhere to be seen).

When the door was shut behind us, I breathed a sigh of relief. I laughed then, and Sydney started to laugh too. I high fived her and Hermione gave us both stern looks, as she took the ingredients from me. I rolled my eyes amusedly.

"Come on, Hermione," I laughed. "Didn't you see the size of Goyle's head?"

*

Tuesday evening, it seemed, could not have come quick enough. Monday took a month to pass (especially history of magic). Tuesday's lessons seemed to take four times longer than they usually did, even Transfiguartion, which was my favourite lesson.

When the final bell finally ran, Ron and I ran up the staircase, eager to get to the Gryffindor common room. I did hear Sydney and Harry calling me back, and I'm sure Ron did too, but I paid them no mind. We only slowed somewhere on the third floor when Snape caught us and took 10 points from Gryffindor (I got off with a warning, to which Ron wasn't very happy).

When Harry, Hermione and Sydney had finally caught up, all five of us were very out of breath. Sydney loosened her green and silver tie and unbuttoned the top button of her shirt, still breathing heavily. Once she had caught her breath somewhat, she threw me a glare.

"The duelling club doesn't start for two hours," she panted. "There was no need to run up seven flights of stairs."

Ron and I simply gave sheepish grins, and went to sulk in the common room for an hour to wait for the duelling club. We all pulled our potions homework out of our bags to try and pass the time, but it only took ten minutes, and I wasn't sure whether I should be happy or angry about that.

"I'm going to play Quidditch," I decided, determined to fight off my boredom.

"Quidditch?" I heard from the other end of the Gryffindor common room. "Did someone say Quidditch?"

"Yeah, I did," I said, finding myself face to face with none other than Oliver Wood. "Care to join?"

Oliver, of course, agreed. Sydney, when I asked, declined, saying she had late work she needed to finish. I waited impatiently as Oliver ran back up to his dorm to grab his broom and his robes, before we headed down to the dungeons so I could do the same.

Oliver chose to wait outside the Common Room, which wasn't unusual for Gryffindors, who seemed to have an unspoken fear of us and our common room. I quickly as possible grabbed everything I would need, before dashing back out to the corridor where Oliver (very impatiently) stood.

The two of us practically sprinted to our respective dressing rooms, where we jumped into our robes. I made my hair into a short cut, almost matching Harry's, so it wouldn't whip me in the face. I ran back out to the pitch, and did a few laps, letting the wind rush through my now short hair.

I urged my Nimbus 2001 to go as fast as it possibly could, and the world around me became blurry. After a few more laps, Oliver and I tossed around the Quaffle and had a few competitions to see who could find the snitch faster (to which I won every time).

I forgot all about the duelling club, remembering not even when Sydney, Harry, Hermione and Ron came running across the pitch. I raised my eyebrows and tossed the Quaffle to Wood, and flying down to where the four stood.

"What is it?" I said.

The four all exchanged incredulous looks quickly. In that moment, I remembered exactly why I had come out to the pitch in the first place. I had come out to the pitch to pass the time to the start of-