Chapter 16

As we drove through the streets of Seoul, the realisation hit me. I was in Korea. I was in another country for once in my miserable life, and I was there with the one person that-well, that has changed my life significantly throughout the past two months or so. Everything has happened so suddenly and I was so locked into my routine that I never got to thank God for my achievement.

"I will take you to the market in my town" Daehyung spoke.

Looking over to My boss, his hair blew in his face due to the open windows, the sun making his skin glow. He must have felt my eyes on him because his grey eyes twinkled at me and a soft smile broke out on his face.

My chest suddenly squeezed. I jumped at the sudden feeling and swallowed a loud breath.

"Are you alright...Elizabeth" he cooed, why did I feel like he was so close to me?

I turned myself from the window to find him leaning towards me, he looked concerned.

That look, it make my stomach churn. I felt tingly.

"i'm fine" I mumbled then turned to the window. I felt the breeze shower me, a prominent sigh came from Darlton. He sounded,disappointed. The atmosphere wasn't awkward. I was fine to look out and see the city, I didn't know what he was thinking. I didn't want to imagine, but the feeling of Daehyung's eyes, watching me in the mirror. It was unsettling. I caught his gaze a few times, he didn't look disgusted which shocked me, he looked concerned but amused. As if he knew what I was thinking and going through, but he said nothing, he continued to drive.

I wondered what it was like in korean markets? Was it as busy as the ones in london? In london, everyone was busy selling and buying, not I mention the shouting. I sighed and let my eyes wonder over the streets, there was bill boards around on the buildings. Movies and adverts no doubt. I couldn't help but notice how pretty the girls and boys in the pictures where, it had to be makeup right? It had to be. Then I remembered what mason had said to me...plastic surgery is big in Korea. I couldn't believe it. The people in the pictures looked pretty, yes. But they didn't look fake, or as it they had done plastic surgery.

"Celebrities are very popular in South Korea" Daehyung spoke up.

"I can see..." I commented

He smiled at me in the mirror.

"We have arrived" he announced as we for closer to a familiar looking market. It wasn't that different to a market in London. Sure the people were all selling korean foods as products. But it has he same vibe. Selling and buying.

I could smell a sweet scent of food frying. The people spoke to each other comfortably in their language. The market in front of me looked bright, organised and friendly. I was excited.

"but I have no money" I mumbled through my thoughts and I closed the car door. I went over to mr bus ticket mans side and sighed. looking at him, i hoped that he would say something like, i could pay for you but no, this person was not your ordinary human being, something about him was just on and off. part of me was attracted to that and the other brought me back to reality.

putting his arm up to feel the wind, mr bus ticket man looked serious. i was wondering what goes on in his mind whenever he comes to a new place. its easy for me to see how amazing it was, but for him, it must have been diffucult. in the middle of my thoughts, i heard a mumble from him.

"What was that?" I asked. He sighed and looked at me with a sharp expression, I didn't understand this behaviour but it was beggining to frustrate me.

"Are you okay?" I asked him, a little worried.

"Daehyung?" Darlton called the older aged driver.

"Yes sir?" He asked

"Go on home..."

"Eh?" He jerked in surprise "sir...my duty is to drive and guide you, if I don't do my job-"

"We will call you when we need a ride, and I assure you, you will not lose your job. Please, go and rest, pick us up in an hour" Mr bus ticket man ordered.

"yes-" Daehyung mumbled as gave a small bow "yes sir" he sighed and tucked a hand into his jacket pocket bringing out a small map. He handed it to me with both hands and bowed again, I grinned and bowed my head a little...

"Thank you, how do I say thank you?" I asked him quickly before he turned away.

"You just give a small bow and say, Kamsramnida" he said happily. The edges of his eyes smiling and the wrinkles deepening.

I laughed out at the way the words flowed out of his mouth so naturally "Kamsramnida" I far him a small bow before turning toy boss.

"Do you know where we are?" He asked me

I shook my head... "I.."

"NAMDAEMUN market"

"Exactly how do you know that?" I laughed

"Trust me" he spoke with smirk, before walking ahead of me. Although he looked natural walking on his own, it was just a matter of time before he'd walked into a poor man's stall setup, quickly rushing to him, i grabbed into his firm arm and pulled him to the right path.

"I'm not sure if i can" i chocked in between giggles. as we walked ahead i looked at the map in one hand. "have you ever been here before?" 

"On business many years ago" he replied. pulling him to the left i felt myself lean into him a little.

"sorry" i cleared my throat. he didnt rely and kept looking ahead "so. Thats how you knew the market" i asked.

"presisely" he nodded. "but things have changed since the last time" 

i smiled. "so where do you want to go, its your trip afterall"

as we walked in silence, i waited for him to speak. maybe he was thinking. as i looked around me, i could feel people staring at me, and alot of people were, they were pointing and whispering to eachother. I suddenly felt cold. was there something on my face? did i wear a tight shirt?

"Hey, Hey" mr bus ticket man pulled me. "whats wrong?"

i swallowed, looking at him. "they keep staring" i mumbled

"who?"

"all of them, everyone, theyre pointing too" i looked to see someone shaking their head "i, want to go"

"Alright, okay, on the map, do you see a restaurant marked as a pink dot?" he asked

"yes"

"follow the route that leads you there" he said reasuringly, trying to ignore the people i started to follow the route, i was almost pulling him along with me. part of me was curious of their reaction towards me and the other was disturbed. i wanted to be at home and eat all the sweetest cakes that i could eat. pushing the door to the restaurant i was met by a caucasian man with long black hair tied at the back.

"Darlton! Bonjour" the man spoke in a french accent. his tone was high and welcoming. he saw me and smiled then looked at our linked arms. I dropped my grip completely and let the man greet mr bus ticket man. 

"Hello miss"  he smiled widely as though he was not expecting me to be with someone like him. I nodded with a smile and fortunately he understood my mood and quickly fell into conversation with mr bus ticket man.

there's french people in South korea?