Chapter2: Kisaragi Mako

The building was in view by now. I could see it loom over our car as we got closer and closer.

I hadn't been feeling the best this morning and the groggy feeling is really overcoming me. Maybe it was the fact I knew this day would suck.

Coming to a halt, I briskly grabbed my bag and exit. I turn to face the window wich was lowering for me to peek in. "Thank you bro, for dropping me off. But I could've just walked you know." I say.

"What's wrong with me dropping you off? At least I'm not dad." Onii-chan smirks at me. I'm not amused but I cant help but laugh a little at him because I know very well he is true. Behind me the schools bell begins chiming and I cant waste any more time. "I'm going then, see ya after school!" I started walking back from the car.

"Shall I pick you pick after school as we'll? I promise, I'll come."

"No. I'll walk back with a friend. Don't worry." I replied a little satisfied. I don't need my good looking and amazingly talented brother to steal all the attention at my new school. Of course I wouldn't say that and hurt his feelings.

As I'm about to run toward the gate Onii-chan stops me once more. I turn a little annoyed. What does he want now?

"Good luck. And you don't worry either." He smiles at me.

I get a little struck but brake into a smile myself. It is all I needed. I've been doubting myself a lot lately but maybe it really is all for nothing. If my own brother suggests that I don't panic on my first day of high school it's the only hope I can go off of now. And maybe a small fortune like that might do me some good today.

I say bye to my brother one last time.

Walking into into the school building and looking down the long hall I knew this was the beginning of something big. And something I'll have to go through with, alone. And that the matter with that this will be a hall way I'll be running down a lot, on days were I can't be bothered getting up. Luckily that day won't be today.

I make it to my locker just in time to empty my bag of some of my books. The little time I have between the first school bell and the one marking the begging of the assembly, is scarce. Once I finish, I shut the door, lock it and turn to head towards the hall for the opening ceremony, when I blindly walk right into someone. Both of us topple on to the floor like bowling pins. Painfully, the back of my head hits the stacks of lockers behind me. I grunt a little in pain as I lift my head. Luckily this doesn't seem too bad before my concern for the other comes running in at high speed.

I look at the them quick too see if they're hurt but to my surprise I see it's actually something else which crosses my mind. It's as if the past has come back to remind me of all those times in which worrying was a thing of the future. This person isn't someone I was expecting to see here, but just there presence has turned my worry into a full on smile.

"Mako-chan?" I ask confusingly. But absolutely thrilled I grab her hand and pull her up to her feet. Mako has been my best friend all through out elementary school. We are the best off friends and nothing can pull us apart. We're like two peas in a pod!

It happened in the second grade. It was raining and my brother hadn't picked me up yet from school. I wasn't counting on dad either because I knew he would be at work. But my brother, he always promised to pick me up. Soccer practice was of course important and I wasn't surprised of the every now and then late soccer excuse. But I waited and it was getting ridiculously late that day.....he never came.