Chapter Nine | Love is a Battlefield

Почніть із самого початку

The next morning I actually woke up in a good mood, and managed to take a shower shorter than 25 minutes.

Trent had one of his friends picking him up, so mom and I left while he was still in front of the tv, eating cereal.

When I got to school, things got weird. Some people were ignoring me, business as usual, but a few others weren't even trying to hide the fact that they were blatantly staring at me. What was even more shocking were the glares I received from multiple girls.

Maybe I had something on my clothes? I looked down. Nope, still just my purple top, blue skinny jeans and black converse.

Why the hell was everyone acting mental today?

We still had a good ten minutes before classes started, so I was leaning against my locker, in the crowded hallway.

Some random girl with piercing black eyes approached me, glancing back and forth from her phone screen to my face. Resting her manicured hand on her hip, she sneered at me. "You're such a slut, you know that? Nobody likes you." She then shook her head in disgust and walked away.

Still shocked and confused from what she said, I was frozen. Then, after processing her words, I yelled back at her, "What the hell are you talking about?"

I got no answer, she just kept walking, the black curls of her hair bouncing on her shoulders as she moved further and further away from me.

After the bell rang and I was walking to English, random guys I had never associated with were motioning with their thumb and pinky up to their ears, the universal sign for "call me".

I had no idea why this was happening but the feeling of dread was settling deep in my stomach.

Girls were giving me classic bitch glares or condescending shakes of their heads. Great, I'm a slut magnet.

I got to English and settled into my chair, immediately turning around to face Audrey.

She had shock and pity in her eyes, and I was almost afraid to ask, but I had to. "Can you please tell me what the hell is going on?"

She pulled out her iPhone and loaded up her Facebook, oddly enough. My heart started pounding with dread as she went to a specific persons page.

Tyler Morris.

Scrolling down, after a few posts, was a picture of our photo-strip from the movies. My blood boiled when I saw the caption was, "The newest babe I got with on Friday night ;)".

Looking it over one more time, I gasped as I read that it already had 238 likes and 97 comments. There were even a few shares.

Carly, who was also in this class and seated next to Audrey, laughed with something akin to gleeful anticipation in her eyes. "Ooh shits about to go down!"

My hands turned into clenched fists as I realized what he did. I was boiling with fury. He was so dead.

...

By the time the bell rang at the end of third period, I was ready to beat everyone's head in with a shovel. Gathering my stuff, I tore from the room, heading to my locker.

It was time for lunch. Joy. I was coming back from my locker, heading to the cafeteria when someone called my name.

I turned and looked. It was some really tall, well built guy with auburn hair. "Hey, babe, you free tonight? We should hook up, you know, if you're really giving it out for free."

I glared at him, my heart racing. "Fuck off." I spat the words with as much venom I could muster before spinning around and walking into the cafeteria.