What is Дело №18?

Depuis le début

"What's your name?"

"Brock Rumlow," he introduced himself. "Lovely to meet your acquaintance, Miss Claire. Enough of the small talk though—we have work to attend to."

Rumlow walked over to Marlena and pulled her off the floor. Marlena whimpered at the abruptness of the action, as well as the amount of strength he was using just to restrain her. She was roughly three times smaller than him, so she didn't understand why he felt the need to use such force on her. It was almost the equivalent to the unnecessary force he used when knocking her out with his gun but without the unbearable headache.

"Where are you taking me?" Marlena grumbled as she tried to pry her arm out of Rumlow's grasp. He only tightened it in aggravation as she continued struggling.

"Stop struggling or I'll break it," Rumlow snapped.

Marlena ceased her actions immediately, knowing that he would surely follow through with his threat. She was experiencing enough pain as it was, and she doubted she'd be able to handle the pain of having her arm broken.

"Can you at least answer my question then?" Marlena questioned.

"We're going to meet a few friends," Rumlow said with a smirk.

Marlena gulped, slightly afraid of what his words could possibly mean.

What friends could he be talking about? My friends or his friends? Are Bucky and Steve here? Did they take Steve too? What about Mason? Oh, God, not Mason, please not Mason. . .

Marlena's thoughts were torturing her. It scared her to think about Hydra getting a hold of her innocent little brother, as did it scare her to think about them taking Bucky and Steve.

Rumlow pulled Marlena into a large room, attracting the attention of the many Hydra workers. It looked to be some sort of highly advanced laboratory, and the countless instruments and fluid-filled vials sitting around only further proved that it was in fact a laboratory. It scared Marlena, as she wasn't sure why Rumlow was bringing her here. She didn't see Bucky, Steve, or her brother anywhere, so that was a bit of a relief to her, but she still couldn't shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen to her.

"What am I doing in here?" Marlena asked, her voice shaking with slight fear.

Rumlow rolled his eyes at her incessantness and roughly sat her down in front of a table. Marlena shifted in her chair and looked at Rumlow, waiting on an answer. She watched as a man in a lab coat handed Rumlow a folder, and Rumlow sifted through it for several seconds before throwing it onto the table and sliding it towards her.

"Y'know, it was pretty amazing just how much information on you we were able to dig up in only a day," Rumlow chuckled.

Marlena was slightly relieved that she had only been here a day rather than several, but at the moment that was the least of her concerns.

She reached out to grab the brown manila folder and her face twisted with confusion as she studied the foreign words printed onto the front. The heading read Дело 18. Beneath it were the symbols Марлена Элизабет Клэр, and although Marlena could not understand the language, she knew enough to know that it was her name. What she didn't know, however, was what the symbols above it meant.

"What is Дело 18?" she asked Rumlow.

Rumlow smirked and crossed his arms. "It's what you are."

Marlena furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and opened up the folder to see if she could get any insight on what he could've meant. Inside was a picture of her from her senior year of high school clipped to a bunch of papers. Each and every single one of them held some sort of information about Marlena, even information that she didn't know herself, such as her blood type, her time of birth, and the fact that she was apparently allergic to latex.