Let's Take A Selfie

Marlena sat on the enormous couch in her and Bucky's room, flipping through one of the many photo albums Miranda and Mason had brought along with them. She was surprised she had the energy to even sit up, let alone sift through a photo album. Her head was pounding, her body ached terribly, and her throat hurt to the point of her hardly being able to talk. To her, the sickness was completely random, as she had woken up with it out of nowhere, but after speaking with Tony about it he had informed her it was because her body was trying to adjust being off of the suppressors, although she had been off of them for almost a week. He said it wasn't supposed to last long, and Marlena could only hope that was true.

With a painful sigh, Marlena flipped the page of her photo album. She gazed at the numerous pictures scattered across the page and smiled. She was looking at her great grandfather's old photo album, which meant there weren't very many pictures of her dad or her grandpa in it. Instead, there were pictures of her great grandfather with the Howling Commandos, his wife, and his family in Sokovia before he left for America. It had been quite a while since she had looked at that particular photo album, but after everything that had happened during the past few months, it gave her a sense of comfort and familiarity.

The bedroom door opened and she looked up to see Bucky entering into the room. He glanced at the empty bed in the middle of the room before looking over at her with a raised brow.

"I thought you were asleep?" he said as he walked over to her.

Marlena shrugged and flipped the page. "I couldn't," she told him, sending a wave of pain shooting down her throat.

Bucky frowned and sat down beside her on the couch. "You sound horrible."

"I know," Marlena frowned as she laid her head down onto his shoulder. "I feel worse."

Bucky chuckled and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer to him. "My poor, sick little baby."

Marlena sighed and flipped the page in her photo album once more, attracting Bucky's attention. He looked down at the pictures on the page, his eyebrows pulling together when he noticed a picture of him and Jo sitting in the corner.

"Your hair was pretty immaculate back then," Marlena croaked as she glanced up at him. "Except in this picture it's kinda gross."

Bucky scoffed and removed the photo album from her hands. "In my defense, I don't think I recall having had a shower in days. I basically lived in the dirt during World War Two. Don't judge me, Claire."

"I'm not judging you, Barnes," Marlena chuckled as she looked down at the picture again, ignoring the intense pain inside her throat. "I'm just observing the fact that your hair in this picture isn't as immaculate as it is in all of the other pictures I've looked at."

Bucky flipped the page and laughed, pointing at a picture of him, Steve, Jo, and Dum Dum. "You mean pictures like this?"

Marlena smiled and nodded. "Why did you guys take so many damn pictures together?"

"I honestly have no clue," Bucky replied. "All I remember is being summoned by one of the guys and being told to pose or smile. I always hated pictures, but looking back I realize just how glad I am I was in so many."

"I bet you are, Bucky," Marlena said as she turned the page.

Her hazel eyes stopped on a smiling young girl standing between Bucky and Jo in a picture. Bucky seemed to be very comfortable with the girl, as his arm was wrapped tightly around her and his lips were pressed to her cheek. She had never seen the picture before, and if she had there was a possibility she hadn't paid as much attention to it as she was doing now.