"You're beginning to sound like an old parent."  

"You can't blame me for trying to make you feel better." 

"I know. Thank you," I listened to him deeply breathing in and out for some moments, and I had picked up on that it was his way of calming down. 

"We should go out, take your mind off it." 

"Out where?" 

"Just out, to the park or something." 

"How romantic," he laughed weakly. 

"Well I'm not taking you on a date now, we can do that another time. Come on Dean!" 

"Ugh," he climbed off me and wiped his eyes before stretching out. I got changed out of my uniform that I was still wearing and after we got ready, making sure our phones were in our pockets and our hair was styled right, Dean jumped onto my back and I gave him a piggyback ride down the stairs until we reached the door, humming out of tune. 

I shut the door behind us and slipped my hand into Dean's. We barely talked as we walked to the park, streetlights illuminating our path, partially lifting the winter darkness that closed us in so we could see ahead of us, our shadows keeping close behind.  

"Hey, Jack, did you just feel-?" Dean asked, looking at his free hand quizzically. 

"What?" 

"I..." he trailed off, holding his hand out in front of him so his palm was face up. I opened my mouth to question what he was talking about and then I felt it. 

"Oh no..." 

"It's raining! Ew! Run, Jack! I don't want to get wet!" Dean started running, our linked hands being the only thing that kept us together as I copied his pace. Luckily the park was in sight and Dean pushed the gate open, running to a bigger tree that stood proudly, so its outstretched branches and layers of leaves gave us some shelter from the raindrops that were pouring down in its millions.

"I guess that just told us who the girl in our relationship is," I laughed, putting my arms around his shoulders so he was pressed up against me and feeling him wrap his around my waist. "It's okay, I'll save you from the rain." 

"It'll ruin my hair," he pouted. "But at least that means you have to pay for everything on our date." 

"I wouldn't let you pay for anything anyway." 

"Why not?" 

"It'll be my treat." 

"Oh, I guess I'm not to argue with that," I smiled and we stayed silent, listening to the raindrops continuously tip tap around what felt like our little bubble, because it was like when we were together we created a strong barrier that protected us from anything, even if it was us against the world. 

"I love you," I said suddenly without thinking. Even though our cover was beginning to fail us by letting little beads of falling water slid through gaps and onto my neck making me shiver, I was smiling, I was happy and knowing that Dean was safe with me, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

"I love you too," Dean said just above a whisper and I could almost feel him blushing. "Jack?" 

"Yeah?" 

"Have you ever seen Heroes?" 

"I think so, why?" I asked, confused as to where our conversation had taken a turn. 

"This just reminds me of a very particular scene, any ideas?" 

"Uhh, no." 

"Peter and Simone? In the rain? First season?" I racked my brains for a minute, and then the scene came rushing back to me.