Jacob and Renesmee

I stepped out of the car and walked up to the front door. Uncle Emmett and Jasper were home, Mom and Dad were probably at the cottage. The front door was unlocked, of course, and I pondered the idea of someone trying to break into a house full of vampires who never slept and had inhuman talents. It was warmer inside, the rain was pouring outside and in the little time it took me to go from the Mustang to the porch had me soaking wet. Emmett and Jasper were sitting on the floor beside the computer playing some game of cards, probably gambling. They looked up as I took off my jacket, but continued playing. Uncle Emm was grinning and , because he looked like he was losing by the small stack of money beside him in comparison to Jasper's pile, he was definitly hiding something. All of a sudden I was deathly nervous. What were they hiding from me? I wished I had my Dad's power of mind reading, it would help alot. Jasper, feeling my growing tension shifted his eyes to me. Emmett noticed.

"Hey Renesmee, do you know where Mom and Dad are? I thought they would be here..." I trailed off, wishing I could refraise my question. You dont ask Emmett questions about Mom and Dad when they are alone. And just as I perdicted, his grin widened over his sharp teeth and he let out a low chuckle. Luckily Jasper was the one who answered.

"There at the cottage..." he said indifferently turning back to Emmett. But he kept his eyes on me. I turned away back towards the door to leave for my house. But Emmett stopped me.

"I suggest you dont go there, their probably not talking about the weather forcast" He laughed out loud and Jaspers lips twitched. I ignored his taunting but took off my boots and crossed the room to slump into a chair. The clock ticked loudly, and beside its repeatitive sound, there was only silence. It was 9:30, I was spost' to be home a while ago but I was in Seattle with Emily and the traffic got really bad. I had been afraid to come home, thinking of the rant Dad would give me. 9:30? Where was Jacob? He was going to come over tonight. Maybe he did, but when I wasn't here, left again. Damn! I really wish he was here, I wanted to talk to him. I was so bored, but I would definitly not go to the cottage, I knew Emmett was right about Mom and Dad. Then I realized, Jacob was probably very worried about me, he'll probably call Dad and Dad will get upset that I wasn't home. My phone vibrated interupting my train of thought and I flipped it open without looking at caller ID.

"Hello" I said, I wishing I had checked the ID. What if it was Dad about to murder me for being late.

"Renesmee, oh thank god," his voice was deep with relief, I'd recognize that husky voice anywhere, "where were you! Are you trying to give me a freakin' heart attack?" Very protective, over protective. I'd only been with Emily for 5 hours. If I was alone with a guy I could understand, but Emily?

"No, I wasn't. Sorry, me and Emily just got home, there was alot of traffic and... well... you know, I would have called but I totally forgot" I muttered.

"Ok..." his voice was thick with emotion, I really worried him, "Do you mind if I come over? I wanted to talk to you tonight and I didn't get the chance..." Emmett hearing the conversation guffawed and laughed. I blushed. Jaspers lips twitched again. Jacob heard him.

"Yeah, um, ok then... Er... See you soon..." The line went dead and Uncle Emmett roared with laughter that shook the whole house and Uncle Jazz joined in. I ignored them, I got this all the time. Tonight had been a good night until the traffic in Seattle, then it all went downhill. Emily was going shopping for wedding supplies and I went with her to judge, but how can you really judge? All I said was along the lines of "great" and "perfect". I dont think I was much help. I couldn't wait for the wedding! Sam had gone over the top when he proposed to Emily, it was so romantic. A candle light dinner on her birthday, soft music and a proposal. Emmett coughed louder than needed and caught my attention. Oh, he'd been talking to me and I didn't even hear, whoops.

"I said, dont stay out too late, stay within a ten mile radius and dont try anything funny," he winked at me, "So what are you doing?" he whispered, wagging his eyebrows.

"He said he wanted to talk," I answered as basic as I could, "that's all I know" I looked out the glass wall into the trees, Mom and Dad were still at the cottage, hopefully they wouldn't come back when Jacob came over. It would be awkward enough without them, Emmett could do more than enough on his own. Emmett snorted and turned back to the game. They were playing blackjack, but Emmett wasn't gonna stop til he either won more or lost all, and knowing him, it would be lost all. I smiled, poor Uncle Emm, Rose would be sooo pissed when she got home. That reminded me.

"Where's Auntie Rose and Auntie Alice? And Grandma and Grandpa?" I asked looking around the huge empty house, I couldn't hear anyone upstairs.

"Shopping and hunting," Jazz said not moving his eyes from his cards, "they'll be home soon." I sighed and picked up the television remote. I wasn't really looking for anything to watch, I just wanted to do something til Jake arrived. Jacob and I had been best friends since before I was 1. He'd always been there for me, being overly protective, just like Mom and Dad. I used to go cliff diving with him and the pack until Mom and Dad got mad. I dont see why Mom got mad, she did it before. I finished going through all the channels twice and then shut off the TV. I got up and walked to sit behind Emmett. I wanted to see what they were doing. Emmett had three fours, and a three. Oh well. A sharp knocking on the door echoed through the silence. Neither one moved, but Emm grinned.

"Coming!" I yelled in the direction of the door and stood up. I ran to the door as fast as I could. He was standing in the porch light dripping wet. It wasn't raining here anymore, it must be raining at Forks. he had to have ran. I smiled. He raised his hand and ran it through his cropped hair staring over my shoulder. I turned around to find both Uncle Emmett and Jasper staring in my direction, eyes locked with Jacob. Jaspers eyes were narrowed, a warning. Emmett had a huge smirk on his face. I sighed and turned to face Jake.

"Hey." I giggled, by his facial expression he knew the exact warning Jasper was giving him, no doubt Dad had told Jazz and Emm to watch us. His wary eyes shifted to me and he smiled.

"Hey," He said quietly, "do you wanna go for a walk?" his eyes flickered to Jasper and back to me, "It's not raining anymore..." He shifted his weight to his left foot and stared down at the wood. Trying to avoid my eyes? Or trying to avoid my Uncles?

"Ok!" I said happily, turning to grab my sweater. I pulled my arms through my sweater and shoved on my sneakers. Jacob moved back a few steps and then turned sideways to let me through. I pranced out the door, shutting it behind me, and hopped down the stairs. He joined me and we ran through the trees and bushes. I knew where we were going. To the clearing, the same clearing my family had fought for Mom and me. It only took us a few minutes, and all the way Jake was oddly silent. Was he thinking about Jaspers warning? I smiled at him as we slowed down.

"So what did you want to talk about?" I asked him curiously. He just stared into my eyes. I loved his eyes, they were a dark hazel that was almost black, they were like seeing into his soul. Slowly he raised his hand, not taking his eyes off mine, and stroked my cheek leaving his warm palm on the side of my face.