#9-Robert meets my parents

"Mom, please don't question him about his career too much or his family. Don't put him in the spot and let him suffer please."

"Lisa, I'm your mother. I think I know better than you."

"Mom, she's just talking for her boyfriend. Let her talk. It's fun to hear all this." Gregory smirks at me. I wish I could slap that smirk off him but I don't have time For that.

Robert will be here any minute for the family dinner. My parents insisted he come for the dinner because this is what they always do. Once they hear that I'm going out with a guy, they want to interview him to know if he's good for me.

Being bosses,they look at the guys I date like an employee.

I wish Robert told no, because he doesn't like to talk about his family much. And my mom is very talkative, she's sure to ask something. He doesn't like opening about his career either. My dad would definitely want to know what he wants to do.

***

"So Robert dear, tell us about your family?"

I stare at my mom and she clears her throat.

"Mrs Campbell, my family is in England except my grandma who's from Paris."

"So how did you guys meet?" My dad asks as he digs in his salad.

"Umm...dad, you really want to know? Like NOW?" I hate my parents when they run an enquiry like this, I pity the guys in that spot.

However Robert chuckles and explains our first encounter. I zone out and just admire him talk.

He holds a lot of mysteries, but he's so cool. The way he handles things, the way his hair is always messy but still he looks hot, the way his blue eyes become
Brighter when he gets excited. And most importantly, his beautiful smile.

A smile to die for. Once you fall for that smile, you're never going to get up. It's like, I couldn't live a day without his smile this summer.

And then reality strikes me. What's going to happen after this summer?

Is he going to be a jerk like some guys and leave me?

Forget the summer we shared?

No calls, no emails, no visits.....

He said that he's only applied to colleges in London. Even if we do continue this, how long will we last?

He's going be in England and I'm here in LA. I am just a senior in high school Now.

Have i developed Feelings for him?

It's definitely more than just a physical attraction. It's true that we can't take our hands off each other when we're alone.

But does he think about me the same way? Does he love me?

Or am I just a summer love to him?

***

"Lisa, you seemed to be very quiet. I noticed during the dinner. You went pale for sometime. You feeling alright?" He asks me, holding me close to him.

We're in the balcony, watching the stars. Seeing the clouds move by and the moon hiding behind the clouds.

"I'm just thinking." I tell him staring at the sky.

"Thinking about what babe?" He asks me turning my face to him. He cups my cheeks and my cheeks warm up.

"About us? What are we? Summer is nearly over." 

He opens his mouth to say something but mom suddenly enters and he takes his hands away from my cheeks.

"Lisa dear, it's getting late."

I give her a nod and she leaves.

"It's getting late. Good night Lisa."
He kisses me on my forehead and leaves.

Not a single word about what I asked.

No babe, no darling, Lisa?

He says Lisa for two things;
One, when he's angry with me.
Two, when he's upset.

This one sounded like the second one. He's upset but why?

I look up at the sky and wish upon a star for this summer to end well. Because I don't want to lose what I had all these days. I wouldn't regret a single thing about this summer.

I only want to relive them. No care in the world, just him and me.

I had the best days of my life here. I am happy I came to France because I met Robert.

He helped me realize my dreams. He's my best friend and I am not ready to let go of my best friend.

But what does he think about me?

About us?

A/n:
Hey guys!

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! If you did, please vote and comment.

The next chapter will be in Robert's POV !

So stay tuned!

Thanks :)