7/16/15

Left, right, left, right. Breath in, breathe out. I take my first step with too much force. Flying down and off the steps of the porch. I hit the sidewalk and so it begins. Running,  like always,  from my demons.  I stare ahead but see nothing at all. Where I was and when I do not recall. Head up, back straight,  I will not fall. Memories are playing like movies on the wrong side of my eyes. I dont even see the brightest of lights. Running so fast now. Already so far gone. Each stride is short but every second is long. Caught within the throng of a life.  Doing my best to sleep peacefully at night. Flashing back to reality. The ground is all I see. Its coming so quickly now I think it wants to hug me. Back down memory lane. How am I sane, how can I say that we are all the same even though I feel the pain of being lame and lain up in a bed with a soft pillow to rest the weary head that was caught in a wreck. They told me I couldn't.  They told me to stop. That I should cherish the fact that I could walk. But insanity of course. A simple thing to me. To do the same thing over and over for eternity. Bounding off the porch, I timed it just right. And im on the sidewalk in the dead of the night. Here it was started. Way back then. Now here we go, to find where the sidewalk ends.