Chapter Thirty: On My Own

A/N: Hey guys! We are so sorry we haven't been on in a long time, but we are determined to finish this story! Bare with me because I haven't written in a while. So let us know if you're still with us!

-Casey's POV-

written by MargaretWood

  A week and three days. Ten days total. But that's how long I've been on my own. Sure its not that long, but it sure as hell feels like it when you're on a deserted island and all your friends disowned you. I regret it. I regret everything I ever said. I didn't mean any of it. And I know I shouldn't have talked to Cody like that. So why did I? Because I was mad. I know that's not a good excuse, but you'd be mad too if your two best friends turned on you and you had no idea why. And that's why I didn't go back to camp. Cody was right. She always is. People, especially if the people are my friends, shouldn't have to listen to me complain or pity myself. Sure my home life is fucked up, but I'm not home. 

  While I've been on my own, I reevaluated my priorities. For starters, I'm done with the self pity shit. I've gotten the chance to take a step back from everything and realize my life isn't that bad. I mean, I could be the pilot who died. I could've been my father when he met Bill. Or I could've been Cody who got her heart ripped out and stomped on by that good for nothing asshole, Alex. And, I could be Ev, who is pregnant on a island with a pop star's baby, and still clueless of what to do. So far, I've only been embarrassed and fell a few times. And I was punched and had the shit beat out of me, but I like to think of them as the most memorable moments in my life.  I had a black eye from where Cody had hit me, but it has faded by now.

  I don't know exactly where I am on this island, but I know its far enough away from everyone else. I don't think they have come looking for me, and honestly, I don't want them too. I've like this time by myself and its actually a nice stress-reliever. I was able to make a fire, build a small shelter for myself, and I've found plenty of food! Right now I'm wearing a pair of tan shorts with a brown belt, a light blue flowy tank top with a matching pair of Vans. It really sucks not being appropriately dressed for the weather and for being stranded on a island, but its better than nothing.

  I decided I needed to get some more food so I decided to venture out into the forest. Its late afternoon right now and my guess is that the sun will start setting within the next two hours. As I walked along the grass and root covered forest floor, I heard something, or should I say someone. I hid behind a tree and listened a little more carefully. Out of the shadows of the trees, I saw a familiar face, and one I've missed dearly. I saw Zayn gathering some wood and branches. They're probably going to have a "family" bon fire tonight. I wonder what they talk about. Do they sing around the camp fire? I continued to watch until he started to head my way. I started to back up slowly when I stepped on a branch that make a cracking sound echo through the area. I looked over a Zayn and saw that he was on high alert. 

  "Lou? Niall? Is that you?" He asked. "Come on guys, I'm not in the mood for pranks! Liam? Harry? Are you there?" He asked again, now looking around. Why wasn't he in the mood for pranks? Was something wrong? 

  "Cody, Ev, I swear if its you girls I tackle you to the ground without a second thought!" he warned who he thought was everyone...Everyone but me. Did I cross his mind? When he didn't ask if it was me, I felt a pang in my chest. I guess it is better for them now that I'm on my own. And I guess its better for me too. I don't have stress, depression, and anxiety; And they have no worries. Hakuna Matata. 

  "Aww was little Zayn scared?" Another voice echoed. 

  "Piss off, Lou." Zayn retorted. And with that, Lou started cackling to make the whole forest fill with his laughter. 

  "Ahh, come on! You should've seen your face!" Louis replied.

  "Just help me with the fire wood so we can get back." Zayn said coldly.

  What is his problem? Is something wrong? Did something happen? This is the only bad part of being on my own. I never know what's going on, and my mind never stops racing with possibilities. As Louis helped Zayn with the last of the fire wood, I was soon left alone in the forest once again. They didn't even notice me. Zayn never even asked if it was me. I mean, I thought it was, but I guess Louis could've stepped on a stick at the same time, Oh I don't know. I just want to find food and get back to my own camp.

  When I was back at my camp, it was dark. I had missed the sunset, which one of the things that relaxed me the most. Also, I couldn't get my fire to light! What the hell! I'm going to freeze. Although now that I think about it, I have a jacket in my suitcase...which is back at their camp. Maybe if I sneak over there, I can grab my stuff, and stop being a scumbag, and maybe even see Niall...No! No! I can't see anyone. Just sneak over then come back.

  I made my way through the forest in the direction that Zayn and Louis went, and eventually found our..I mean their camp. I was still hiding in the tree, as I looked upon my friends having a camp fire, playing truth or dare as we did one of the first nights we were on this island.

  "Okay! Harry! Truth or Dare?" Louis asked

 "Umm truth." He said in his deep accent. But the group booed and yelled saying things like "Awww come on!!" "Harry, no!!" "You always chose truth!"

  "Fine, fine! Dare! Ya happy?" Harry chuckled when he changed his answer.

  "Perfect! Sorry Ev, but Harry, I dare you to kiss Cody!" Louis devilishly dared the curly haired boy. Harry gave his cheekiest smile to Evelyn, then gave it to Cody and leaned across Zayn who was in between the two, and kissed Cody, very slowly and gently. Zayn was still acting weird, or at least it looks like he's still not okay. Are you kidding me though? I didn't even do anything with Liam and she got mad at me! And Ev is just watching the baby daddy snog her best friend? I just don't understand our friendship. 

  Everyone join in a chorus of ''ooo's" and Cody blushed as they separated. I went to look at Liam, but he seemed to not be there. I looked more around the campsite and saw a figure sitting the big rock that I once sat on to clear my mind. I wanted to talk to him, but I just wanted to get my stuff and go. I looked over at Niall, and he was laughing along with Louis. He doesn't even seem fazed that I'm on my own. Again, another pang rang through my chest, and I just wanted to leave. I saw my bag still where I left it and got down on my hands and knees, crawling like a ninja to my luggage. I went unnoticed grabbing my suitcase, and started back to my own camp.  

  When I got back to my camp, I settled in my little shelter, putting my jacket back on. And trying my best to go to sleep. But I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking back to how Niall didn't seem fazed at all. I don't understand. Did anyone care that I didn't come back? Did anyone look for me? 

  I know I said I didn't care, and I didn't...until now.