How it all began

I was running and running as fast as my legs will carry me, dry fall leaves crunching underneath my feet, tree limps piercing into the bare soles. I finally came to a halt when I saw my mother and father lying side by side; hand in hand, in a pool of their own blood. I fell to my knees beside them and cried uncontrollably until I was brought back to reality as heard a howl, a howl of murder. They were coming for me. I shifted into my blonde wolf and let her take control she fought and killed. I can feel my blood boiling and the anger being released with every throat she ripped out. They killed my parents; they wiped out my whole pack with no hesitation. I can feel the vengeance creeping into my soul. I will make sure I get justice for my family.
      Shaking the wet blood off of my coat like a dog in the rain, I got back in control and ran deep inside the woods, when all of a sudden, a rouge caught me off guard and bit deeply into my hind leg, I came so close to howling but I knew that it was just going to attract more rouges. I kicked the brown wolf off and it went crashing into a tree, I watched as its body went limp. I felt no remorse as I watched the life leave his eyes. Everything and everyone I've ever known or loved was taken away from me in the blink of an eye. I have nothing. Nobody. I feel so lost and alone, hopeless even. But after all, I am an Alphas daughter and I will not let my blood die in vain.​
     So here I was about to exit boarder that surrounds the Green Rock pack territory, where all my memories would be left behind, I didn't even get the chance to say goodbye to my parents much less give them a proper burial. I almost didn't want to leave but I knew if I stayed, I will be killed in cold blood too. Tears pooled my eyes as I crossed over and officially became a rouge. I was running, well limping, to anywhere but here when I was approached by a huge grey wolf snarling and growling at me, I bowed my head to show I mean no harm, he smelled of power. I didn't want to fight anyone that I didn't have to, I didn't have the energy.
As I looked back up there was a shirtless guy standing there with basketball shorts on and sweat dripping off his chest.

     "Shift" he demanded and threw an oversized t-shirt at me, I nodded my head as a thank you and went behind a tree to get dressed.
     "Why are you trespassing rouge?" He spat, his beady eyes were sharp, this made me nervous.
      "I mean no harm, my pack was just wiped out by rouges and I was the only one to escape " I spoke in a strong, steady voice even though tears threating to pour out, I refused to be weak in front of him.

He came behind me and put me in hand cuffs, they were cold against my skin. I considered breaking out of them and running, yet I decided against it because I didn't want pack members and rouges chasing me. He was pushing me along the wet grass, I almost stumbled over my feet because of how weak my legs were. He grabbed me by my arm and pulled me to what it looks like cells.
         "I will call the alpha to see what to do with you, as of right now he's away on a trip, or else you would be talking to him " he sounded tired.

Without saying anything else, he opened the cell and lightly pushed me inside. Then he closed the cell and locked the door. I took a seat on the straw woven bed, ignoring the uncomfortableness of it. My mind was racing. After all that I just witnessed and went through, here I am sitting in a cold, silver bar, totally-werewolf-proof cell. I couldn't prevent my head from falling between my knees. I felt so defeated.

The brown-skinned man returned back with a cup of water that he offered to me through the silver bars, I willingly accepted it, remembering how dehydrated I was. He stared at me as I drank the water. A thought crossed my mind that he was a undercover rouge and it might be poisoned. I shook the thought away.         
    Finishing my water, I set the cup down by the handmade bed, still thirsty but afraid to ask for more. I followed his stare to the wounds on my legs and feet, I shifted from one foot to the other, hoping he would quit looking. He must've felt my uncomfortableness because he left the room.

   Feeling the exhaust wash over me like the waves of the beach washing over the shore, I laid down on the cell's bed. I was extremely tired but refused to fall asleep under someone that I barely knew of's care, I just decided that I was going to rest my eyes for a little bit, which eventually sucked me whole into the darkness of slumber. I couldn't fight it anymore, hopefully this is all just a nightmare and I will wake up in my own bed. Hopefully.

     I was woken out of my sleep when I felt a cold substance on my legs. Upon opening my very heavy eyes I was greeted by the dim light of the cell and three faces that was focused on my wounds. 
      "What are you doing?" I asked the girl that was applying the extremely cold cream onto the cuts on my bottom half.  Her forehead crinkled, green eyes fixated on what she was doing.
     "I am applying some medicine on these wounds of yours sweetie, we gotta get you fixed back up so we can introduce you to the rest of our family." She replied, giving me a warm smile.

My eyes darted between the three faces in front of me. The blond-haired guy leaning on the wall with his arms folded across his chest let out a deep sigh of frustration. 
      "Holly who said she was joining our pack? We haven't even spoken to the alpha yet". He replied in an annoyed tone.
     " Well Peter how about you call him like you were supposed to have already done" She shot back, her eyes sending him daggers.
This made me feel very uncomfortable, I didn't ask to stay here.
      "It's fine", I said, "After you finish up, I'll be on my way and get out of you guy's hair."
      "Don't be silly!" The girl, Holly, exclaimed. "You are more than welcome to stay, we have more than enough room".
    "Yeah, don't mind Peter he's just being a dick." said the original guy who brought me into the cells, "I'm Luke, the beta of the pack, Peter here is our third in command, and that's his sister Holly".
Holly presented a bright smile with a wave; Peter rolled his eyes.
    "Well, I don't care if she stays or goes, but I'm not calling Cameron, so one of you do it." Peter said, and with that he left.
    "He's such a grumpy pants" Holly giggled. Her laugh sounded like a baby doll's.

Raising the phone to his ear Peter said, "Um yes alpha, we have a rouge here her pack was apparently wiped a couple of hours ago, I have her in a cell now but what should I do with her?"
  I grimaced at the word rouge he referred to me as. I tried to make out what the alpha was saying but I couldn't. Holly and I were anxiously watching him as he spoke.
      "Sweetheart what's your name?" He made eye contact with me as he asked.
Suddenly I forgot my own name.
       "Um, Peyton. Peyton Humble." I replied, he repeated what I said into the phone.
      "Well okay alpha will do; we're looking forward to your return. Ok, ok, bye." He said and hung up
    "Well Ms. Peyton Humble, welcome to the pack." Luke spoke, genuine smile plastered on his face.
Holly fist bumped the air.
    "The alpha, Cameron, is currently away on a trip with his fiancé, once he returns, we will introduce you to the rest of the pack. As of right now, you can just relax, Holly will show you to a guest room." Luke finished off, leaving the cell building.

Holly turned to me with pure excitement clear as day, "Let's go get you settled in Peyton," she exclaimed, "I'm going to make sure you get the best guest room in the house, right this way." She said, walking out the door.
I blindly followed. She steered me in the direction of the pack house, and after going up a gazillion stairs and making a lot of rights and lefts down hallways, we finally made it to what I'm assuming will become my room.
The room was plain, white walls, white bed set, white furniture. Kinda matched the way I'm feeling right now, bland.
Holly informed me that her room is right across the hall, I guess that what she was referring to when she said the best guest room in the house. She offered supper but I denied, not really feeling up to eating. She brought me some night clothes of hers, said that we can go shopping tomorrow, and with that she said goodnight and let me rest.
To be honest I'm exhausted, I wish I could sleep forever. But I guess the rest I'm about to get would suffice.
I couldn't help but to wonder what tomorrow will bring me.