Chapter One

Sam P.O.V.
The cabin burst into flames, sending me flying outside into the freezing snow. I feel a wendigo spirit fly right above me.

I see Mike coming towards me, "Sam, are you okay?!"

I slowly got to my feet and told him that I was fine. To my right, I see Chris and Ashley hugging. At least something good came out of this.

To my left, I see Emily, whose actually staying quiet. I start to panic, realizing we're missing Matt and Jess; I don't want to lose anyone else today. But then I hear "Guys!" coming from behind us. I turn around to see both Matt and Jess limping towards us; I'm filled with relief. We all join into a group and hear a helicopter coming towards us.

Ashley P.O.V.
As we enter the helicopter, I hold on to Chris like my life depended on it (which it did for a few hours beforehand).

I decide to sit between Sam and Chris in the back seats. A female police officer sits with the group, talking about how we have to go to the police station then the hospital and things that I didn't really care about. I just want to rest and pretend like this never happened.

The officer finally leaves us alone, so I rest my head on Chris' shoulder and doze off into sleep.

Chris P.O.V.
I notice Ashley laying her head on my shoulder; I smile and out of the corner of my eye see Sam grin as well.

"Are you okay?" I whispered to the blonde

"Physically or mentally? Either one, not very good."

"I'm sorry, Sam"

I felt bad for her, I knew she was very close with Josh. Hell, so was I, but I knew they liked each other a lot in a different way. If something like that ever happened to Ashley, I don't know what I'd do with myself. I truly love this redhead and now I know she has feelings for me too. I smile at the thought as close my eyes to attempt to get some rest.

Mike P.O.V.
I look out the window and see that we're landing near the police station the officer was talking about.

"Alright, everybody up!" said pilot.

Slowly but surely, everyone comes out of the helicopter. Jessica is the last one out.

As I help her down I whispered to myself, "God I hope this doesn't take long...I want Jessica into a hospital soon".

She looks pretty bad, it seems like her whole body was either cut or bruised. I don't even want to think of the psychological trauma she's going through.

Matt P.O.V.
Seven. Seven people survived until dawn, I'm actually surprised.

I heard from the others that Josh was dragged off by a wendigo thing; although I didn't like him that much in the first place, no one should have to go through that. But there's nothing I can do now.

I turn around and see all of the parents hugging their sons and daughters. I walk up to mine and receive bear hugs from both of my parents, my mom crying, of course.

The slightly rude officer escorted us away from our parents and into the station.

As we all sit inside waiting to be called into questioning, I turn to Emily. Once she notices me, she immediately turned away. I know she was upset that I saved my own life back at the tower, but I wanted to live. Oh well, I can't dwell on it for too long; maybe we'll talk later.

I look over and see Mike walk out of the questioning room.
"Matt?" Another, kinder-looking officer came out. "It's your turn."
Here goes nothing.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: I'll try to make the point of views a little longer next time, it's just I wanted the introduction to have the views of different characters.
Please vote! It means a lot 😀
-Lili