The Unexpected Reunion

Start from the beginning

"I told you not to let him clean when we have a date." Diane scolded Toni. " If we don't have a date, let him clean it all on his own for all I care." She said jokingly.

"I'm ready." Ace went out of his office with his tie askew and his hair ruffled. "What?"

"You are an ape." She walked up to him to fix his tie and hair.

Ace smiled his most charming smile, hoping to get away with forgetting yet another date. Sometimes he wonder if they actually planned them or Diane did on her own and just make him think he forgot. He doesn't really care. He loves her. He may be too absorbed with his restaurant, but she gets that, and he truly loves her for that.

They went to a low key bar where broadway enthusiasts frequent. He enjoyed theater, musicals and black and white classic films more than the high budget modern films or what nots. He just liked the more authentic feel. Though he must admit that his fiancé would get him to watch blockbuster films from time to time. He would indulge her with that the way she indulges him going to bars like the one they're in. There was an off broadway show going on at the moment. A small production where they use the small stage just opposite the bar or just walk around the bar itself. He loved how close the performance gets and how involved that audience could be in small productions like that.

"Thank you. I know you don't really like these kind of things." Ace said leaning over the table and reaching for his fiancé's hand and kissing it.

"You're welcome. And don't worry. It's growing on me." Diane smiled at him.

He could see that she's starting to enjoy them, unlike the first times he took her out to see plays and musicals where she almost fell asleep. She only didn't in respect to his interests. And it was the same with him when they go out to see movies or stay at home watching them. When they are at home, he almost always falls asleep. Well, he's usually tired have no energy to keep himself up at all to watch movies while comfortably cuddled up in the coach.

"Don't forget the appointment we have with the designer tomorrow, okay?"

"What designer?" Again, he was clueless with their plans.

"For my dress."

"Your wedding dress?"

"Yes."

"Am I allowed to be there? You know what they say about the groom seeing the dress and all that."

"You believe in those things?"

"Just cautious."

"Don't worry. We're just going to meet with the designer and see what she has. And see things from there. A friend recommended her. And she'd also be doing your suit, so you're coming whether you like it or not."

He looked at his fiance and just shook his head in defeat. He smiled, thinking how much he loves the woman sitting beside him. Sitting, waiting out on her as she looks at dresses would be worth it, because that dress would be the one she wears walking down the aisle towards him on their wedding day. If she wants him by her side in every preparation they have to make, he would do it to make her happy, to make sure everything would be perfect for her on that day; their day.

They left after they finished the meal they ordered and a couple of drinks they had. They went for a walk. It was a bit chilly outside, so he removed his jacket and placed it around Diane. He took her hands in his, rubbing them to keep them warm.

He may not be the best boyfriend ever, but he promised to do right by her. He may always be lost in his own world at work, but he will always find time for her. He will always try and make it up to her for all the happiness she has brought into his life. And he will do whatever it takes to keep her happy. She saved him. She has always been patient and loving, she could not ask for someone better to share the rest of his life with.