Overprotective

ASHTON FLETCHER IRWIN

Don't get me wrong, Ash is great. I love him to pieces. But he's protective. He loves me, I love him. But he takes it way too far sometimes.

For example; I was at the gym the other day, had an incident on the treadmill - the short story is I fell off, made myself look like a total twonk and quite badly sprained my ankle. The long story is I tripped over my feet which caused me to fall flat on my face before I fell off, make myself look like the biggest newbie gym twonk when in fact I am not and became a snivelling mess because my ankle was quite severely sprained. The first aid guy at the gym tied it up really tight in a bandage, told me to take it easy for a couple of weeks and then slowly get back into exercising; normal, right?

So as I'm limping to the bus stop (as I couldn't run home like I'd planned to) I give Ashton a ring, telling him I'll be home before him so he needs to remember to bring the spare key into the house from under the flowerpot in the front garden.

Did he say 'Sure thing honey, don't work yourself too hard'?

Of course he didn't.

He rushes away from the studio, picks me up from the bus stop and goes as far as to carry me from the car to the door. In all fairness, I quite enjoyed the cuddle in front of the TV with my favourite Disney movies on all afternoon, but the rest is a bit excessive.

"You know, you don't have to worry so much about me. I'd have been okay on my own."

"I know that really, but then I would have spent all afternoon worrying about you with a bunch of prats singing songs in their underwear, when instead I get to spend the afternoon with you." He smiled.

"You're such a softie." I tickled him and he squirmed, but couldn't resist putting his arms back around me after too long. "We could do this in our underwear if you prefer."

"I have no objections." He smirked, leaning down to kiss me as he wriggled his sweatpants to his ankles.

While he is totally overprotective and a massive softie and I love him, he likes playing the bad boy sometimes and sit on the couch in his underwear with the curtains open. And sometimes I like to join him.