Betray

A picture of Hallie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you know where Dakota is?" I asked Hallie. Dakota is turning sixteen in a day. He has shaggy, blonde hair with hazel eyes. He could be my ally or I could be his.

"No, I didn't see him all day." Hallie said looking around. We walked to the door to the arena. The areas is filled with people; I can hear people slicing dummies with swords, people swinging ball and chain around. "I don't understand why we need a ball and chain, if a ball and chain keeps prisoners in an area so they don't run off? Plus, how do they even lift the ball up if the ball weighs life fifty pounds?"

"I don't know Hallie, but remember we had to use miniature copies when we were eight?" I said trying to remember when I wrapped a tan, lifeless dummy with a ball and chain.

"We did?" Hallie said trying to remember, but she can't. Hallie has a weird condition that she can't remember anything after a certain amount of time.

"Yeah, but I forgot that you can't remember that." I frowned. Hallie and me were very energetic when we were little.

"Hey Hallie. Hey Ginger." Dakota said, Hallie and me turned around to Dakota and we ran to him and hugged him. Dakota is like an older brother of mine, but I really like him a lot.

"You scared me!" I said letting go of him, "Where did you disappear off to?"

"You know me, I'm really sneaky" Dakota said as he swings his sword around.

"No, really. Where were you?" I asked eagerly.

"Fine, I was chilling in the woods." Dakota always chills in the woods, but why did he take so long?

"Cool! But what took you so long this time?" Hallie said, "Was Luke with you?" Luke is Hallie's boyfriend. Luke is Dakota's cousin and he is going to the competition in 2 weeks. Luke has dark brown, flippy hair with light green eyes.

"This time I was hunting, super fun. I got a deer on my first try." Dakota said while the doors behind him open and Luke walked in.

"Hey guys." Luke said walking to Hallie to give her a kiss.

"I need to talk to you Dakota." I said while walking away from Luke and Hallie.

"What do you need?" Dakota said suspiciously.

"When I get into the competition, do you want to be allies?" I asked confidently that he would say no.

"Well that's against the rules." Dakota said and that's a guaranteed to be a no.

"Even if it brakes the rules, will you be my ally?" I asked, "Please?"

He hesitate and sighed, "Even if it brakes the rules, I will be your ally."

"Yes!" I said while hugging him, "Hallie and Luke are also gunna be our allies, I just need to ask them."

"You better ask them before they get mad." Dakota said with a concerned tone.

"I will today, right now." I said walking to Hallie and Luke.

"Hey Ginger!" Hallie said excited, "What did you ask Dakota?"

"If he could be my ally." I said. I think she expected for me to ask him out.

"WHAT? YOU ASKED HIM FIRST AND I'M YOUR BEST FRIEND!" Hallie said with an angry tone. Everyone turned and looked at us.

"I meant to ask you when we were running but-"

"BUT WHAT? YOU COULD OF ASKED ME WHEN WE WERE WAITING FOR DAKOTA!" Hallie interrupted and walked away giving me the cold shoulder. Everyone looked away.

"Luke?"

"What did you do?" Luke asked co concernedly.

"I told her that I asked Dakota to be my ally first before I asked her." I said quickly, holding back the tears.

"I'll talk to her, you don't have to ask me. I'll be your ally." Luke said