Natural Powers

Chapter one

I was just finishing packing, my family was moving. Again. This time it was to New York City. I was getting tired of moving every six months.

"Honey you almost ready? The movers are almost done loading up." My dad said as he walked by my door.

"Dad?" I asked.

"Yes honey?"

"Do you think we could stay here for little longer I've gotten really attached to my friends here, I was thinking maybe we stay in New York for a little longer." I said. It was true I had gotten attached to my friends here: Lisa, Jess, and Kate.

"Sure honey maybe we can see if we can extend our stay in New York." He said. Why couldn't he understand I wanted a place to call home. Mom would have understood me, she would have found a way to have home.

"You don't get it!" I yelled angry at for not understanding.

"Callie I -"

"No! Don't say you know because you don't! Mom would have!" I yelled and stormed out of the room in the family room. The movers hadn't yet taken mom's old reading chair, so I sat down in it. I sighed, why couldn't mom be here.

"Callie I know this move is hard on you and I know you miss your mom and I do to, but we have to look at the things we do have instead of the things we don't." My dad said as he walked into the room.

"I know dad, but seeing as the thing I've lost is my mom it's kinda of hard!" I yelled still angry at him; I stalked into the kitchen. I needed to get away from him and everyone. In my anger I threw my hands up and heard what sound like.... Water? I turned around to water coming out of the sink a pointing right at my hands. No. Way. I moved my hands up again, the water followed. I turned my hands to the right, and the water followed. I turned my hands in a circle and the water formed a bubble. Sweet.

"Callie! Come on the movers are ready to leave!" My dad called. I franticly tried to make the water stop. Why wouldn't it work? "Callie! Don't make me come get you!"

"Coming dad!" I called. Then I thrust my hands forward and toward the wall it hit the wall and splashed all over the the kitchen floor.

"Callie what are you doing?" My dad asked as he came into the room.

"Sorry dad I was just, well, I um spilled some water." I said trying to make up an excuse. I didn't think I should tell about my powers yet, just not now.

"It's fine now come on we have to get a move on." He said pulling me away from the kitchen. That was the day I realized I was different , I different in way no one else was. Or so I thought.