...And Reality

"Mmmh," Jane mumbled as Maura swept stray raven black curls from her face and tucked them gently behind her ear. Jane tightened her grip on Maura's warm, silk covered frame, causing Maura to blush slightly and gently tighten her grip on her as well.

"Shhh, it's going to be alright, Jane. My home has the same grade of security as the Pentagon's. No one will be able to intrude here." Maura said gently.

Just as Maura finished speaking Jane's eyes flew open and her whole body seemed to teleport away from the spot where she had been, to standing beside the bed. She swatted the curtains draping down in her face blocking her vision, and reached for her pistol. After patting her hip where her holster normally is, she began to frantically shout and scream, "Who the hell are you and where the fuck am I?!" as she slid down the wall behind her.

"Calm down, Jane! You are safe here! It's me, Maura and you're at my home. Detective Korsak and Frost suggested that you stay with me after what happened at the crime scene last night." Maura got up and briskly walked to the other side of the bed to where Jane was.

Hearing her voice and recognizing her face, Jane relaxed slightly but she remained wide-eyed as she spoke. "Why didn't they take me back to my apartment?" Jane wrapped her arms around her self as Maura came closer to her and rested her hand on Jane's shoulder.

" It's not safe at your home anymore. He knows where you live and it is pertinate that you remain out of harms way. The detectives decided that you needed to be temporarily relocated to somewhere that is unknown by the assailant."

" That still doesn't explain why I was in your bed," She said as she grasped for solid information.

Maura stood and went sat on the edge of the bed as she buried her head into her hands," Do you not remember anything? I guess that is to be expected. You passed out on the scene of the murder last night after hearing the message written on the wall. After we realized you were not going to awake in the near future, we brought you here immediately. After watching you writhe and suffer in your sleep for hours I offered my body as an activator of your neurotransmitters to release serotonin and endorphines. You almost threw yourself onto me so I assumed that it was fine. It seemed like the only way to calm you besides the use of barbiturates."

Shocked by her explanation and the slow remembrance of the dream she had just had,  Jane's demeanor slackened and almost immediately returned to its normal, hardened state.

" Thank you for your help Dr. Isles, but I'll be going back to my place now." Jane rose to her feet and began putting on her slacks that were folded neatly by the nightstand.

"Jane, there is no use! Their not going to let you step foot out side of this h-" Maura was cut off by the bed room door flying open and the glint of the pistol that fallowed.

" Freeze!!" Frankie swept the room and saw no one but Jane and Maura. Frustrated he cursed," Where's tha son of a bitch at !?"

"There no one here block head. Just the smart ass," Jane jabbed her thumb at Maura. "and the the dumb ass in front of me."

Frankie angrily looked his younger sister over and saw she was half way back into her normal uniform.

"And just Where the hell do you think you're goin'!?" He spouted off angrily as he holstered his weapon.

"I'm leaving this damned place and going home! I'm not gonna be hole up like some animal Frankie. I can take care of my self, just fine, whenever I find where you all decided to stash my pistol." Jane retorted and began searching through the night stand drawer.

" Don't go rummaging though another persons house, Janie! Come on, you were raised better than that." Frankie slapped his hands exasperated on his thighs.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 22, 2017 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

The Nightmares You Chaseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें