Welcome to the Family

The next morning, Jackie and Irene made breakfast. "So, how should I approach Grandma?"
   "She's a tough lady, but you're her granddaughter. She'll like you. They'll all like you. You're a fantastic kid. They just need a little time to get used to the idea of you."
   "You think?"
   "I'm sure of it. Now, pass me the beater," Jackie smiled.
   Jack came down a few moments later, "Good morning to all my girls!" Jack beamed kissing Jackie and Irene and then going to pick Caroline up from bassinet she was laying in.
   The family sat down and enjoyed their breakfast with a little bit of chatter coming from each one of them, "Irene, I suppose you know we're going to see my family tonight."
   "Yes. I did know that."
   "Don't you worry about it, alright? I'm not going to sit there and let them pick on you."
   "Neither will I," Jackie said as she fed Caroline, "And you can borrow any one of my dresses."
   "I know! Jackie, I think she'd look great in that yellow dress of yours."
   Jackie nodded, "I agree. We'll go take a look after breakfast."
   As the day went on, Irene grew nervous. After she met Jack and Jackie at the bottom of the staircase, they left the house with Jackie pushing Caroline in a stroller and Jack linking arms with Irene. When they arrived at the house, Bobby ran out to greet them, "Hiya, Jack!"
   "How are you, Bobby?"
   "I'm well. Jackie, how are you?"
   "Very well," she smiled.
   "Irene, how are you adjusting to everything? Is this goof treating you okay?"
   "It's all wonderful, Uncle Bobby," she said nearly in tears hugging him.
   "What did I do wrong?" Bobby asked.
   "Nothing. I'm just so happy."
   Bobby patted her and then walked her into the house. Irene and Caroline were both swarmed by the family, "Gee," Eunice laughed, "You would've thought they just brought you home too!"
   "Irene, can I see you for a minute?" Joe asked.
   She nodded nervously.
   "I'm sorry for the way I acted. I just worry about Jack. He's got a good political career ahead of him and I just worry that's all. It's nothing against you and I hate that we got off on the wrong foot."
   "No, it's alright. I don't blame you for being protective."
   He smiled and hugged her, "Welcome to the family."