Prompt Idea Short S.

This is a Percy Jackson/ Heroes of Olympus type story. (Note: I haven't read all of the books nor read them in a long time so my facts may be a little or quite off). Because I don't know much... If Leo died somewhere in the books, then this is an AU where all of the characters I'm mentioning are still alive.~

I'm basically writing a book in here. lol.

Fixing A Meaning

"Hey Leo? Do you have a place to be?" Leo spun around naturally to face the pale son of Hades, who was leaned against one wall of a small coffee shop-cafe. A smile was plastered on the Latino's face, the happiness didn't reach his tired eyes. His friends around him carried on their conversations oblivious to the exchange. "Do you Leo?" Leo set down his drink on a nearby table.

"Of course. I go where I'm wanted." Nico took a sip of his black coffee. "And how do you know where that is?" Curiosity melted into suspicion. "I know, because where I go something needs fixing." Leo says. "And what happens when you fix it?" Leo looked Nico strait in the eye. "Then I'm no longer wanted."~

It was after the wars, after Gaia was defeated, and everything was settling down. Mayhem still covered much of the world, but it wasn't really entirely at fault for the demigods and personally it wasn't all of their concern. Camp HB was back to normal, and it felt more lively than ever. The forges, the archery range, everything down to the lake was peaceful (or at least for their standards). Even as far as the demigods could tell, Olympus was happy. (Which rarely ever happened).

It was pretty much the same for the Romans back in their city. And with nothing to do, soldier and hero alike put down their weapons. The fights between the Greeks and Romans were history, (literally) and the scuffles were easily resolved instead of full scale wars breaking into play. The eight main heroes (Percy, Jason, Piper, Annabeth, Frank, Hazel, Nico, and of course Leo), had all fallen into routine. Lovers hanging out with respected lovers, and those without a girlfriend or boyfriend entertaining themselves or hanging out around the camps. Slowly the friends started to hang out less, and those who had been left out of the loop and those left in it began to disappear altogether.

First Nico, who had said that he had important issues to tend to in the underworld, and that he would not be returning to his cabin at camp until the winter months. (Or until he felt like it).

Then Frank and Hazel, Frank had important duties at the Roman city, helping Reyna with delayed reconstruction. Hazel tagging along so she could help if it was needed. (Everyone knew it was because Hazel didn't like letting her boyfriend going off on his own, for certain past reasons).

Soon after that Percy and Annabeth vanished, but not before IM'ing their friends to tell them that they were going to Paris together to 'see the architecture'. Percy looked more excited about the massive aquarium that he would also get to see while on the trip. 

Jason and Piper never really left Camp Half Blood, much to Reyna's sorrow. They stayed and continued training. For what? Well they had said that it helped them take their minds off of the war. Though they never left, the two seemed to be in their own separate world from the rest of the campers.

Then there was Leo. And he was always just... 'There'. He too stayed at camp, he worked at the forges and made quite the memorable cabin leader, often cracking jokes at the armory and he almost made Shane light the place on fire when he dropped his still smoldering celestial bronze sword on the wooden table laughing his guts out at one of Leo's impressions.

Calypso had joined the hunters not long after she had returned with Leo. They left each other on mutual agreement, saying that they would stay in contact with each other but never really having the time. (Good thing neither of them swore on the Styx).

Sometime around Christmas, and it was finally the day that all of the eight would be getting back together. (Not permanently of course, it was just a 'how have you been since the war?' kind of thing). The group had decided to meet up at a small cafe on one of the streets of New York, it was the kind of place that would probably serve hot cocoa all year long and the customers wouldn't mind because it tasted so good.

The first to arrive were Percy and Annabeth, then Jason and Piper. Leo had decided to make his way there on his own for the said reason that he didn't want to separate the two lovebirds. (Of course neither 'lovebird' disagreed). Thirdly was Hazel and Frank, and about eight minutes later an out of breath Leo appeared, inhaling and striding over to the group. They all sat and waited, no less than two seconds after Leo had sat down, a disheveled Nico Di Angelo popped into the shop. A dufflebag slung over his shoulder. (Which was black, and his worn aviator jacket was still on. Of course).

After the group said their hellos, it was sort of awkward for the demigods. So awkward if fact, that a certain pyromaniac was practically shaking in his seat just to help ease the tension. 

"So are we just going to sit here and wait to see who keels over first in this staring contest? Or are we gonna actually talk to the people we haven't seen in like a year?" After Leo's comment, (which ending with him receiving a swat to the head from Annabeth, and a grateful look from both Jason and Percy, not to mention an amused look from Piper and an annoyed one from Frank). Things started to become more lively. Just like the old conversations that used to take place on the journey's on the Argo.

Soon, as the sun was setting, and two members of the group were left out of the discussion. 

"Hey Leo? Do you have a place to be?" Leo spun around naturally to face the pale son of Hades, who was leaned against one wall of a small coffee shop-cafe. A smile was plastered on the Latino's face, the happiness didn't reach his tired eyes. His friends around him carried on their conversations oblivious to the exchange. "Do you Leo?" Leo set down his drink on a nearby table.

"Of course. I go where I'm wanted." Nico took a sip of his black coffee. "And how do you know where that is?" Curiosity melted into suspicion. "I know, because where I go something needs fixing." Leo says. "And what happens when you fix it?" Leo looked Nico strait in the eye. "Then I'm no longer wanted."~

And the idle chatter continued through the sunset, and into the night. Ending at last when the small little cafe had to close up shop.

Does anyone want a part two???? Or a book??? 

Lol. I don't know. Anyways.

-Potato Out