Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine:

It has been one full week since Ty and I started fighting over something so stupid. I still remember going to the library the day after our fight hoping to talk to him. My heart had dropped when I entered the library and Ty was nowhere to be seen.

I ended up walking to the main desk in defeat and asked Mrs. White if she had seen him and she hadn’t. But she gave me a good talk about him, I still remember that day so clearly almost as if it had happened yesterday.

 “No sorry dear, he hasn’t been in today. Shame. I love seeing the permanent smile on your pretty little face when you are with him in here.” She flashed me a soft smile.

Letting out a sigh I hopped up on the counter knowing that she would get onto me for sitting on it. I have a bad habit of sitting on the tables and counters and eventually she just let it go and let me have my way. “We are fighting right now. I think he’s hiding something serious and he won’t tell me what it is.”

“Everyone has secrets Jaidyn dear. And some secrets are meant to be unknown to others. It’s the way life is. Not everyone is an open book. Do you think he is in danger?”

“No…but-“

“Then leave him be, he will tell you when he is ready. You can’t force him to tell you, it will only make him resent you.” She cut me off. Her voice held compassion but a hint of firmness.

“But I can’t resist a good mystery and that boy is the biggest one ever.” I whined which caused her to let out a giggle.

“Curiosity killed the cat Jaidyn dear. I’m sure things will work out for you.”

“I hope so.” Hopping off the counter I walked over to the shelves and went through each one waiting for a book to spark my interest. Getting down to the last isle I felt my heart drop even more. I wasn’t even in the mood to read anything which is highly unusual for me. I can’t turn down getting my hands on something to read. Giving up I said good bye to Mrs. White and left for the cafeteria to eat before class.

I frowned at the memory. He didn’t even talk to me when I went to class. He acted like I didn’t even exist. All because I wanted to know what he was hiding and it wasn’t even that. He was in a bad mood before I even brought it up! For the next few nights I fell asleep every night with an unsent text written out to him simply saying ‘I’m sorry.’ But not once did I send it, I guess you could say I was scared that I would send it and I wouldn’t receive a reply back.

It feels like there is something missing as I go through my day. He is what is missing. He came into my life and became a part of my routine and everything just feels out of whack without him to fill my days with his jokes and his musical laughter. I don’t even know what to do with myself today. It’s a Saturday and of course Avarie is out shopping with Kamryn and I shot them down when they tried to get me to go.

They think I’m moping around because Ty or Bryce as they know him has become a close friend, but they don’t even know that I feel more for him than just plain old friendship. I let myself start to like the playboy. What was I thinking? It was only going to end up in disaster anyways. He is already ignoring me and probably will ignore me up until we graduate at the rate we are going right now.

“Jaidyn can you come here please.” My mom called from the living room. She better not be wanting me to do the dishes. It’s so not my turn today.

Groaning I shifted myself off my bed and ambled my way out to the living room stopping short as I reached my mom. Standing in the front door was the one who has caused me so much turmoil.