Chapter 41: Four Little Words

Song: Angel With A Shotgun - The Cab (told you to remember that didn't I? •.•) play now.

Jonathan's POV:

The world stopped. I open my eyes and see Evan's body mid-air in front of me, bullet frozen about to hit him. My eyes water as I stand up. I try to move Evan, but he was as stiff as a statue. I wasn't able to move him. There's nothing I can do to stop this. I go over to the bullet. I try to move it, again it wouldn't budge. I walk over to the banana man. Blood running out of his head and mouth open. I sure beat him up good. I scowl in his face, even if he couldn't see. I grit my teeth and get in his face, fist about to punch him. I clench my fist and unclench it after, I soon fell to the ground and burst in tears. Time plays.
I watch Evan fall to the ground. I trip Adam and put his hand behind his back, grabbed his gun, and shot him in the back of the head. I begin to breathe and drop him to the ground. His lifeless face sinked into my memory. Blood dripped down my forehead. I look over at Scott and Marcel, concern and sadness on their faces.

I run over to Evan, he's spewing out blood, clutching his stomach. I kneel down and pick him up to hold him. I felt tears fall. Evan coughed and heaved for air. He was calm though, he kept his breathing steady. Other than his coughing of blood. He grabbed my hand shakily and caressed my cheek. He smiles slowly.

"I-I owe you.." He said.

"Y-You don't owe me anything.. E-Evan why?" I sob, whispering cuts in and out, "You shouldn't have done that you.. you idiot!"

I didn't mean it. I was just upset. Distraught. Weak. Furious.

"I-I love you.. Love.."
"I love you too, l-love.." I sniffed, staring into his tearing up eyes.

"Jonathan.. I-I have a question.." He coughed.

"Anything,"

"W-Will you.. M-Ma-" He started to cough and his breathing wasn't steady anymore.

Soon the door busted open. Police can through, paramedics, and.. Lui.

I still held Evan close, and began to yell for help. Evan wasn't okay anymore.
"HELP! HE'S GOING TO DIE! HELP HIM GODDAMMIT!"

Lui ran over with paramedics as they took him from me. I cried my eyes out. Lui rubbed my back and helped me up.
"Come on, we need to get you fixed too,"

"L-Lui.."

--
I sit in Evan's room, eyes bloodshot.
Is this how he felt?
Lonely, helpless, useless, heart-broken.
Even other words I cannot describe.

I replayed the scenes of a week ago in my head, though it felt like it happened only yesterday.
The weakness in people as they walked. Adam's lifeless face, yet alive in forms of insanity. I was no better though. I let Delirious take over.

'You had a good reason to..'
L-Luke..?

I began to feel my eyes sting as I stared at Evan in the bed.

'Hey.. How are ya, buddy?'
Awful.. Depressed.. Dead..

'Don't worry.. Everything will be okay, trust me on that..'

Luke I don't know what to do..

'You have to remember, Evan went through the same thing.'

I cup my cheeks and blink, letting the tears roll out. I don't care anymore.

'Just know you'll be okay.. Don't do anything stupid, okay Jon?'

I know.. You're leaving?

'I'll be back soon..'

Okay..

I get up and leave the room. I don't think I can spend another minute in there. I decided to visit Marcel, where most of the guys are visiting.
As I enter, Marcel is sat up and better than what he looked that day. He had passed out from being so weak and lack of blood flowing through him. He was peachy and bubbly again.

"Hey, Jonathan. How are you?" He asked, as everyone turned to see it was me.

"Heh.. Don't worry about me. Glad to see you're doing better, Marcel," I smile.

I don't need to bring down everyone with the negativity. Evan will be fine. I'm sure of it. He got shot in the stomach. It's pretty serious, but he won't die. That's, at least, what I'm saying to myself.

Tyler patted my back and I took a seat with him. I never got full story on how Lui and them got the police. I decided to ask.

"Well, I know a close friend of mine that works with the police. Which, I might add, I saved your ass in both regards," Lui crossed his arms.

I raise an eyebrow.

"You committed a murder, that is against the law, incase you didn't know," he chuckled.

I shook my head. So did the others.

"Too soon?" Lui nervously smiled.

We all laughed, it was a little soon, but it was funny.

"Well, thanks for saving my stupid ass. You shoulda' let me die back there though," I mumbled.

"Why?" Everyone turned there heads.

"Then I wouldn't cause you all anymore drama bullshit." I answer.

Lui shook his head. David and him sat down with Tyler and I. Brock and Brian hovered over. And Craig say on the arm of the chair. All having a big smile on their faces. It confused me.

"Jonathan, we all love you for you. And Evan loves you for you. I'll admit, your bullshit was annoying, but it was one hell of an adventure and mystery." Lui patted my back.

"But I could've costed someone's life, like Evan's and-" Tyler cut me off.

"It was his choice. It doesn't matter. He loves you and wanted to. Same for us - We'd do anything for you. Because we care,"

I never realized how lucky I was until now. I wish Evan was awake and I could hug him. Evan.. Evan..

"Evan!" I suddenly say.

"Huh?" Brock raised any eyebrow.

"Sorry.. Thanks guys.. Really.." I continued, "Evan was saying something before he passed out.."

Everyone was silent and shrugged. The only one who smiled at this was Lui.

I playfully glare at him, "Why are you grinning?"

"No reason, just thought if something funny.." He giggled.

I sighed and the guys continued chatting. Scott helped feed Marcel, he didn't need it, but I could tell Marcel was letting him do what he wants.

I began to go in deep thought.
What was he going to say?
--

I fell asleep in Evan's room. I didn't realize it until I woke up in a dark room. The moon and stars were the only thing that illuminated the room.
The rays of the moonlight laid on Evan's face. Making him look so peaceful and beautiful. I got up and pulled a chair next to his bed. I held his rough hands. I saw him hold back.
He's alive alright..

I smile and snicker to myself. I knew if I was strong.. And believed.. He would be okay. I still felt tears threaten me. But it was tears of happiness.

"Evan.. I know you're asleep..but.." I paused, "I love you, my sun to my moon. My sane to my insanity. My Vanoss to my H2O. My love.. My Canadian. My everything.. With your chocolate brown eyes, your tanned skin, your adorable personality, your alluring kisses, your magical touch, your soft lips, your jet black hair, your Canadian Esc, you're amazing.." I rub my thumb on his knuckles.

"Don't stop there, it was getting good,"

---