26: Until I Met You

Start from the beginning

“Bye mom.” I said with amusement, smiling from her previous comment as I leant across the table and pecked her cheek affectionately. “I love you.”

“Love you too Jessalyn, now get out of here.” she replied, waving her hands towards the front of the house.

Putting my hands up in a mock surrender position, I turned around and exited the kitchen. “I’m going, I’m going.”

Reaching the entryway I quickly slip a pair of black flats on as I hear Cason’s horn beep for the third time in the last minute. Shaking my head in amusement, I grab my keys from the rack and walk out the door to see Cason slouched in the driver’s seat of his mom’s car.

“You know,” I stated as I walked around to the passenger door and slipped into my seat. “You could always just honk once like a normal person.”

Glancing at me as he turned the car into reverse, I saw the small smirk evident on his face. “Where would the fun in that be?” he asked with a teasing intent as he pulled out of my driveway and made his way down the street.

“So, do you know where Olivia lives?” I asked, tilting my head to the side as I waited for a response.

Usually whenever we would all get together and hang out I would hitch a ride with Cason and Evan would gladly pick Olivia up however, since Evan had headed to the fair earlier today with his parents and Fizzy, Olivia was stuck without a ride. Cason happily told Olivia that he had no problem driving her out to the fair but, he really didn’t have a choice because Evan more than likely would’ve chewed Cason’s head off if he refused to drive his girlfriend the one time that he couldn’t.

In response to my question, Cason shook his head as we turned onto one of the main roads in this small town. “Nope so, it would be appreciated if you could hurry up and tell me where to go before I miss the turn off.”

“Just turn right on Treak Road and then it’s the third left.” I stated, fiddling with the radio before I found the station that we usually listened to. “It’s the sixth house on the right; number 249.”

Cason nodded, comprehending the instructions as he followed them to a tee and we pulled into Olivia’s driveway less than five minutes later.

Unlike me, after Cason honked the horn once, Olivia came scurrying out of her house in about ten seconds as she threw a cute satchel over her shoulder.

“Why would you look at that?” Cason asked sarcastically, turning to me with a satisfied smirk resting on his face as Olivia made her was down the driveway. “Somebody actually knows how to be ready when her ride pulls into the driveway.”

“Oh shut up.” I finished muttering just as Olivia pulled opened one of the back doors and slid in before pulling it close.

“Hey,” Olivia said in a chipper tone as she clipped her seatbelt into place, “Thanks for picking me up.”

“Not a problem.” Cason replied as he backed out and headed in the direction that the fairground was located.