Chapter 6

Getting dressed was always a bummer for me, especially at 7:30 in the morning to take Dakota to school. I should just make her take the bus for what she did to the car, but I spoil the shit out of her.

"Woah, dad this is a nice stereo." She said as she ran her fingers over the dials. I looked at her with a frown.

"Yeah, hopefully this one won't get stolen." She rolled her eyes and leaned back into her chair. I know she already apologised but it still irritated me.

I hooked up the aux cord and let the music shuffle.

Hurricane by Halsey came on and she immediately started singing. Her voice matched Halsey's almost to a T and could defiantly be an impersonater.

She considered all of my Music Old but she loved it regardless.

When we pulled into the parking lot Dakota slapped her hand onto her forehead.

"Oh Dad, I forgot to ask. After school can you take me to the Park, I want to practice before tryouts start." She said. Ever since she was younger she's always loved baseball wich made me happy. She was falling into my foot steps.

"Yeah, if it starts raining we'll just go to the batting cages." She smiled and leaned over into my seat giving me a hug.

"Thanks Dad, Love you!" She said then pulled away.

"Love You too Kota." With that she hopped out of the car and took off jogging to her class.

I remember when Paisley was pregnant with Dakota and how I thought for sure she was going to have a boy. I thought about how we would play ball in the back yard and go to Sporting events every chance we got.

My point of view on the gender changed when I found out Paisley was having a girl. I had to trade in my mitt for a tutu and I didn't regret it one bit.

I got the best of both world's with Dakota.

Flashback

"Dad can we go play catch at the park." Dakota asked as she placed her tiny tea cup on her saucer. I smiled while I adjusted the tiara on top of my head.

"Really? You wanna do that?" I asked and she nodded her head excitedly.

"Gramma Gina says you used to play catch with Great Grannpop Dean when you we're little. So I want to play too." I smiled as she reminded me of the fond memmories I had with the greatest man in my life.

"Okay Kota, If you wanna play catch then gosh dangit we'll go play catch." I stood up from the table and pushed in my chair. While taking the tiara off her eye's grew wide and her hands flew up into the air.

"WAIT DADDY NO!'' She shouted like her life depended on it. I moved my hand away from the crown and she relaxed a little more.

"I wanna play catch IN our tutu's" she smiled and I couldn't say no to her adorable face.

"Okay, let's go then!"

End Of Flash Back

It was always like that with Dakota. She would always wanna do the 'guy' stuff as she would call it but she wanted to make it just a little 'girly'.

If we went Hunting, she wanted a pink gun.

If we went to an action movie it had to have a little romance.