s e v e n t e e n

"I think we should get a cat." 

I put down my pen, decisively and looked sideways at Harry who was working on his book.

"Hmm..." His messy handwriting slanted across the pages, furiously and I placed my hand on his.

"Harry."

"Yeah." His eyebrows furrowed as he continued to stare down at the page.

Stifling a smile, I plucked the pen out of his hands. "Hey. I'm talking."

He looked up then and smiled. "Sorry, baby."

"I think we should get a cat," I repeated.

His eyebrows raised. "No way, Celeste." He got up and headed towards the fridge.

"Why not?" I jumped to my feet and scurried after him, sliding in front of him as he reached the fridge. 

I crossed my arms over my chest, my back to the fridge and looked up at him, innocently.

"Celeste."

"Harry," I mimicked, playfully and dimples appeared in his cheeks as he placed his hand on the handle of the refridgerator. 

He leaned down, slightly, his other hand grazing up and down my arm and I wanted to close my eyes and fall against him.

"No cats," he breathed and I groaned, whacking his hands away from me.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" I protested as he bumped his hip against mine, effectively removing me from his way.

He opened the fridge and grabbed the box of orange juice. "No." 

"Why not?" I pouted and he laughed, kissing me lightly.

"Because no," he shot back, eyes twinkling.

I groaned at his stubborness and he chuckled, grabbing a glass and pouring some orange juice into it. 

"Why the sudden need anyway?" he asked, glancing up at me.

"I don't know," I sighed, perching myself on the edge of the counter. "I just feel like it will bring us...closer."

Harry stopped then and placed the orange juice box down before turning to me.

He stepped closer, lifting one hand to caress my cheek, the other coming forward to rest on my hip. "And you think we have to be closer than we already are?"

I closed my eyes at his gentle touch, reveling in the way it felt to be around him. "I still feel like there's so much I don't know about you."

Harry's muscles were tensed under my touch as I rested my hands on his back, tilting back my head to look at him.

He was frowning and I hated it.

"But I know I love you," I added, watching as the frown disappeared and his lips quirked up into a small smile.

"You..."

"I?"

"You're amazing, Cel. You really fucking are."

I laughed, nudging my nose against his - our trademark. "You're everything to me, Harry."

Despite my laughter, my words sobered him up and he blew out a sigh, nestling his head in the crook of my neck. "I love you so much."

My heart surged and fluttered and pounced and I pushed at his shoulders, making him pull back.

With my lips against his, I mumbled, "So that means we can get a cat?"