I stepped out of the bathroom, shutting the door again behind me. I could hear Roman in my head. Telling me Greg was a dream. Over and over his words kept ringing in my mind.

I kept coming back to Eliam when I pushed the conversation away. Eliam was a dream, but we weren't going to end. We couldn't. Eliam was a dream but Eliam wasn't going to disappear. And neither were the things I felt for him. I could only hope the same went for him.

I could hear him humming to himself even through the closed door. I smiled at myself, letting my happiness consume me. At least for now. I listened to him. He was singing some old song I couldn't name.

I rummaged in my bag for the nice clothes I had packed for today. They were close to the bottom, smashed down by the movies on top. A suit, one of the only ones I had, not in bad shape. I threw off my shirt and replaced it with the white button up. My pants were next. The jacket was a dark maroon, matching the pants. I could never tie the tie. I tried, fumbling around with the thin black material, but I never seemed to get it.

"Here." A soft voice spoke from behind me. Fiona was walking into the room, hands up to help. I let go, letting the master do her work. Her hand were quick and the thing was tied neatly around my neck. "I taught Eliam how to do it when he was younger. All the Dale men are hopeless with fashion. Well, I guess most men are." She joked. Laughing, I thanked her. "No problem. I wanted to talk to you anyway so this was the perfect opportunity."

"What is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" I took a seat on Eliam's bed and she sat next to me. Her hair was pulled up, tight, into a bun. The dress she wore was blue, complimenting her features, and flowed off of her like water. She stared me down.

"Eliam is sensitive. You probably already know that. He's sensitive and I think he trusts too easily." She admitted, she looked as if everything she was saying was 100 percent factual, which I knew it was. Eliam was sensitive, but not usually around me.

"Do you think we- uh- is this because of how quickly me and him got together?" I asked. Fiona shook her head.

"No, I think what you guys have is real and special. If that's what you're asking. No, I just don't want to see him getting hurt. You seem like a really nice person but Eliam is fragile. He's..." She trailed off. Her eyes locked on the now open bathroom door. Eliam was their, fully dressed in his suit, eyes blazing. I never would have described Eliam's eyes as 'blazing' but there was no other word.

"Can I talk to you, Fi?" When she didn't make a move to get up or go to him he stepped toward her. "Alone. Now."

Fiona stared back at him with just as much intensity and fervor. "Yes, but I don't see why you can't say it in front of your boyfriend." Eliam led her out of the room, slamming the door behind him and leaving me alone.

I was trying not listen, but they were so damn loud.

"Why are you trying your hardest to fuck this up?" Eliam. His words pieced straight through me. He shouldn't be mad at Fiona. She was only trying to keep him away from pain.

"I just want to see what this kids about. You never date, Eliam. Not after what happened with Taylor." Taylor, I assumed, was the boy Eliam had told me about. The one who'd told his entire school that Eliam was seeing a teacher.

"Don't bring him up." He hissed. "Sam is nothing like him."

I couldn't help but feel good at the fact that Eliam was defending me.

"I didn't say he was. I just don't want you to get hurt again." Fiona's voice changed. The calm brevity with which she spoke was replaced with soft and gentle words.

"I don't need you to protect me. Not anymore." Although his words were harsh and cruel his voice was sincere.

I could hear receding footsteps and I knew they were done fighting. But I didn't know if that was good or not.
~~~~
A/N: Hello, lovelies! Have you enjoyed the chapter? I hope the answer was yes. If it wasn't tell me why. I'd love to hear ways I could improve.

Thanks for all the comments and votes. They always make me smile.
~~~~

this is Eliam's "thanksgiving outfit" ( that sounds stupid *^*) it's super cool that you can now put pictures in the chapters

this is Eliam's "thanksgiving outfit" ( that sounds stupid *^*) it's super cool that you can now put pictures in the chapters. I kind of just wanted to try it out.