Unraveling (Wanda x Carter!Reader)

Start from the beginning

"Just breath milovat'," Wanda said and she softly rubbed her thumb on (Y/N)'s knee.

"I know. I know, breath," (Y/N) laughed before pulling into a parking spot at the nursing home. She turned off the ignition of the car and she took the keys out and dropped them into her purse before unbuckling. She grabbed Wanda's hand and laced their fingers together and walked inside with her.

When they reached the front desk, she greeted the secretary, "Hello Madeline. Good to see you again, I am just here to visit my grandma," she smiled as she waited for the visitor's passes.

"It's good to see you again (Y/N)," Madeline greeted and she smiled when she saw Wanda, "Who's this?"

"This is my girlfriend Wanda, I wanted her to meet Peggy," (Y/N) smiled before taking the visitor's passes and handing one to Wanda.

"It's nice to finally meet you Wanda, we have all heard great things about you," Madeline smiled.

"Thank you, It is nice to meet you too," Wanda smiled as she greeted Madeline. She had secured the visitor's pass onto her jacket.

End of Flashback

She pulled into a parking spot and she gripped the steering wheel as she looked at the white building. Taking another deep breath, she turned the car off and took the keys out of the ignition and put them in her purse before unbuckling and carefully stepping out of he car. She carried her purse with her free hand as her other one was occupied by rubbing circles on her stomach as she walked inside the building and to the front desk, greeting Madeline and pinning her visitor's pass onto her shirt.

Flashback

(Y/N) lead Wanda to the room where Peggy was staying and she opened the door slowly, "Grandma Peg?" She said.

"(Y/N) darling, It's been so long. Come in," Peggy smiled and she motioned her granddaughter in.

(Y/N) smiled and she walked into the room, holding Wanda's hand, "I have someone I want you to meet."

"Is this Wanda?" Peggy asked with a smile.

"It is. I am so excited for you two to finally meet," (Y/N) smiled.

"It's nice to finally meet you Peggy," Wanda smiled as she walked over to the side of the bed and she hugged her.

"It is so wonderful to finally meet you darling, I have heard so many good things about you," Peggy smiled as she hugged Wanda.

(Y/N) smiled and she took a seat in a chair next to Wanda and they talked to Peggy about a lot of things. After about an hour or so, Peggy looked at (Y/N) and she smiled widely at her.

"(Y/N) darling, it's been so long! It's good to see you," Peggy smiled and she grabbed
(Y/N)'s hand.

"Grandma Peg, I have been here for over an hour," (Y/N) said getting confused.

"Who is this darling?" Peggy asked.

(Y/N)'s heart broke as she watched her grandmother forget what they talked about over the past hour, and not only that, she couldn't remember that Wanda was her girlfriend. After about another hour, they left and (Y/N) broke into tears when they got into the car.

End of Flashback

She walked to her grandmother's room and she slowly opened the door and peeked inside, "Grandma Peg?" she greeted.

"Come in darling," Peggy said.

"It's me, (Y/N). Your only granddaughter," (Y/N) said, hoping to spark some memory in her.

"I have a granddaughter? This is wonderful news. When is she going to visit me?" Peggy asked.

"It's me. I am your granddaughter Peggy. I visit you every week," (Y/N) said and she felt a tear start to roll down her cheek.

"You're pregnant darling? Congratulations that is wonderful." Peggy smiled and she clapped her hands together.

"I am, six months along. It is a little girl and we are naming her Margaret, after you grandma Peg," (Y/N) told her.

"After me? Darling you don't have to," Peggy said.

"Yes I do, You helped me a lot grandma," (Y/N) said, "I brought some things to show you," she said before digging through her purse and pulling out the items she chose earlier.

"What did you bring today darling?" Peggy asked her.

"I brought some pictures of you and I," (Y/N) said and she showed her the first one of Peggy holding her the day she was born, "This is one from the day I was born. That was the first time you held me."

"That was one of the best days of my life," Peggy smiled and she admired the picture.

"You remembered! This one is you giving me a piggy back ride when I was three," (Y/N) smiled and she showed the picture.

"You were such an adorable child," Peggy smiled and she held the picture in her hands.

"This one was when I was fourteen. You were teaching me how to shoot a gun for the first time," (Y/N) smiled and handed Peggy the picture.

"Your mother was not very happy, but your father was so proud," Peggy laughed.

"This picture was my eighteenth birthday. You gave me your army medals and your very first uniform," (Y/N) smiled and she handed over the picture as well as the medals and uniform.

"I remember when I got this uniform. It meant so much to me because I proved everyone wrong. I was happy to pass along them to you, because you are like me. You prove people wrong," Peggy smiled.

(Y/N) smiled widely at the small moment. It may not have been much for most people, but for her, it meant the world. It was the first time in months she showed any sort of recollection about anything. That moment was short lived when she noticed Peggy staring blankly at the uniform and pictures.

"What are these darling?" Peggy asked.

(Y/N)'s heart broke yet again and she took the photos back and tucked them away into her purse, "They were of you and me grandma."

"What time is it? My granddaughter should be here any minute," Peggy said.

"I've got to go Grandma Peg, I will be back next week. I love you," (Y/N) smiled and she kissed Peggy's cheek before standing up and waving at her as she walked out of the room.

Once she reached her car she got inside and she broke down in tears, something she had gotten used to doing whenever she left the nursing home. This time it was worse, Peggy had shown that she did indeed remember things, but it all went back to how it was and that made it worse than any other visit. She loved her grandmother very much and she was still determined to try and help improve her memory. Every week she visited her grandma and every week she brought different items and pictures to try and help.

After she calmed down, she started the car and drove back to the Avengers facility, already thinking about what to bring for her next visit with Peggy.

~

I just got random inspiration from the song above. It was my senior year winter guard show and I love the song. It's amazing but sad.

Anyways I hope you guys enjoy the story and please don't forget to leave feedback!

~Haylie ❤️