A Stranger's Kiss

A Stranger's Kiss: Chapter One

                Unknown P.O.V.:

                I watched as my beloved Zoey Adams pulled away from her house that she’d lived in for the past seventeen years. The window I used to crawl through to watch her sleep was now dark and empty. Everything was different without Zoe. I couldn’t stand just sitting in my dad’s Hummer, while my one and only love of my life drove off to some place across the state.

If I can’t have her, then no one can.

                I started the engine, feeling the vibrations throughout the car and drove off after them. Zoey wouldn’t tell me where she was moving too. She even tried to break up with me, but I couldn’t accept it. She’s my Zoey. She’ll always be my Zoey.  I followed the moving van for what felt like forever. I blasted music, and kept looking at our picture I’d stuck to my rearview mirror. It was at the carnival last summer. I’d kissed her. She didn’t want me too, but I needed to. I still remember how mad she got at me when I told a carnie to take a pic of us. That’s why I liked that picture. I had control over her. And I would always have control over her.

                I’ll never forget in pre-school, when I kissed her the first time I saw her and she threw all her Crayola crayons at my face. She was feisty. Always was, always would be. People were so intimidated by her, but that’s what drew me to her.

                Zoey P.O.V.:

                “I still don’t understand why you have to leave…” Sarah blubbered over my cell, a high-pitch squeal escaping her throat.

               “I told you that my mom needed a new job, and I really wanted a fresh start Sarbear. I thought we talked about this at least a hundred times already.” I muttered into the static-filled phone, rolling my eyes as I repeated my explanation to her.

                Sarah Andrews had been my best friend since we were in kindergarten. She and I are complete opposites. She’s the girliest person alive, I swear! I on the other hand am a little bit of a rebel, at my old school I got in so many fist fights, I lost count. But, it’s not my fault when everybody was on my case about how straggly my hair is, or how unique I am because I drew anime?! People were beyond judgmental at that school. But, here I come, a fresh start, a new place, new people, and possibly a new me.

                “But… it’s Junior year! Junior prom, will be coming up and you won’t even be here…” she pleaded, sniffling.

                “I’m sure you’ll survive without me Sarah.”

                “No way! You’re my best friend! Not to mention your creeper of a boyfriend will miss you oh so much!” She joked, but it didn’t have its usual edge to it.

                I rolled my eyes; creeper is definitely an understatement, more like premature pedophile. “Yeah, yeah. I’m sure he’ll be content with you my friend.” I smirked at that comment.

                “Ha-Ha, very funny… no I’ve got my eyes set on some new eye candy.”

                “Oh god. I left like twenty minutes ago, and your already inspecting guys?!” I half laughed, but my face fell. I would miss Sarah, and her snarky come-backs.

               “You know me Zoe, I’m always looking for ‘the one’.”

               I sighed, “Look Sarah, I love you to death and all, but mom and I just pulled up to a small diner, and I’m starving… so can I just text you later?”