The Eggs

Juli's POV.
   The eggs. Don't even get me started on those. It all started after the sycamore tree incident. Me and Brandon became so much closer and people started to consider us a couple which made me extremely happy.
   The science fair was coming up and I had the best idea.
   I would ask Brandon to work with me. So I  did. I asked him one morning in homeroom. It just so happens Bryce is asking the teacher a question when he hears this. I see him glance over and give Brandon a nasty stare. That's it. I was officially done with my childhood love. He was just a silly little crush ...wasn't he?
   Me and Brandon spent the next two weeks working on out project, which was observing the process of eggs hatching. It was so interesting looking at the eggs under a light and seeing the first sign of life.
   We spent so much time together and i loved it so much. I got to know him to much better. His favorite color was green, his favorite book was Holes, and he loves French fries. He was just so cute.
   It was finally the day of the science fair and I felt Bryce looking at us the whole time. I wanted to tell him to stop but I couldn't bring myself to do it.
   We ended up winning first place because out eggs hatched the night of the fair. We decided to each take two chickens, because we had 4. We raised them together and gave each other tips.
   Just my luck I got the two girl chickens and I figured that out when I saw the eggs.
   It started out as just a couple, then the amount of eggs increased. We had so many we didn't know what to do with.
   My mom came up with the "brilliant" idea to give some to Mrs. Loski, who had been such a good neighbor to us. Let me tell you I was furious. Bryce didn't deserve these eggs . He didn't deserve the one bit. But of course my mom forced my to take them over. This day last year I would've cared how I looked to go over to Bryces house but I don't. So I walked over and knocked on the door praying for Lynetta to answer. But guess who it was. It was Bryce.
    I handed over the eggs and said, " here these are for you and your family. Me and Brandon's chickens lay eggs apparently." He started at me for a couple of seconds and the said, "No Juli. You keep your damn eggs you raised with your new "boyfriend" ," and slammed the door right in my face.
   My eyes started to well up with tears. That hurt me when I knew it shouldn't. I sprinted home and locked myself in my room.
  Seeing him in that red polo shirt made me melt... Oh no. This is not good. Was I falling back to Bryce Loski?

Bryce's POV.
   I had always hated the science fair. It was so pointless. This year I'm doing.. yep you guessed it... a volcano. It's the easiest thing and requires the least work so I'm all in it.
   I was thinking of working with Garrett but he was working with Shelly. So I was pretty much left to work alone when I thought I should ask Brandon... but he was working with Juli... MY JULI. I mean I guess I should start to accept the fact that their perfect for each other.
   It was already the night of the fair and me being myself was still working on my project.
As I got ready I told myself not to get mad when Juli was with Brandon.
   At the science fair every bodies attention was to Juli and Brandon. They did something about hatching chicks. The only people I had at my station were my parents and I could tell they were even bored.
   Every so often I would catch myself staring at Juli. She was so perfect. And I wish Brandon would leave her alone.
   There was one thing I wish I could tell Juli. I wish I could tell Juli Brandon's little plan.
   He had told me this many weeks ago. Him and Garrett had a bet to see who could get a girlfriend the fastest. Brandon won but he started to gain real feeling for Juli. I could never sabotage Brandon like that, and if I told Juli, she would think I'm just trying to break them up.
   Juli and Brandon won first place and I died a little on the inside when they hugged.
   A couple of weeks later, I heard a knock on my door. And it was Juli.
   "Here these are for you and your family. Me and Brandon's chickens lay eggs apparently." Oh no. Her and Brandon's chickens. I was so angry I was boiling on the inside. I don't know what got into me but I said to her "No Juli. You keep your damn eggs you raised with your new boyfriend."
   Let me tell you. That hurt to say.
   I closed the door and stood there. I saw Juli's eyes well up with tears. Then she ran. I've never seen her run home so fast.
   That is what hurt me the most. Seeing Juli cry.
   Could she really still care?