❁ Chapter 16 - Part 1 ❁

Start from the beginning

"Dad, relax." I whispered to him.

When he nodded I turned to look at a confused Mr. Matthews. "Mr. Matthews, this is my dad," I patted my dad's shoulder. "Robbie."

My dad took up his hand and shook Mr. Matthews, "Yes, I'm Lucas' father, Robbie."

"Well, nice to meet you, Robbie! I'm Cory, Riley's father."

I let the two of them get to know each other and stepped inside the warm house. The smell of turkey filled my nose and I saw Mrs. Matthews in the kitchen. I wanted them to like me, to like their daughters boyfriend. So I walked over to her with a big smile.

"Mrs. Matthews," I said and she turned around confused at first.

When she saw that it was me her face lit up and she smiled. "Lucas!" She took me in a bear hug and I hugged her back. "Oh, I'm s happy that you decided to come!"

"Yeah," we broke the hug and she was still smiling. "I hope it's okay, I took my dad with me. Didn't want him being alone on New Year."

Her big smile turned into a genuine smile. "Of course it's okay." She looked behind me and laughed. "Oh no,"

"What?"

She points behind me. "Cory is showing your dad his collection of photos with Shawn."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Who's Shawn?"

She sighed. "His husband." She says before leaving.

Okay. That was kind of weird.

"Lucas!"

Her voice was like music to my ears. A beautiful song only for me.

I turned around, catching gaze with Riley. She was wearing a beautiful blue, grey dress with her hair down. She looked like a dream, my dream.

She ran over to me and threw her arms around my waist leaning her head on my chest so that she could hear my heart race. She did that to me.

"Princess." I whispered.

She looked up at me with her beautiful big brown eyes, shining so beautiful in the light.

"You came."

I smiled. "Wouldn't miss this for the world."

Her face lit up and she hugged me once again.

"Ehem."

We both heard a throat clearing so we separated only to see my dad standing in front of us. Riley looked a slightly confused but I took her hand in mine. She looked at our hands, then at me and then at my dad.

"Are you..." Riley started and dad nodded his head.

"Lucas dad," he said and her face lit up with realisation. "I'm Robbie." He put out his hand.

Riley didn't take his hand, she didn't care about his hand. She took him in a big bear hug, just like she always does.

"I'm a hugger!" She said with glee.