❁ Chapter 16 - Part 1 ❁

Lucas POV.

"Dad we're leaving now!"

"I know, I know! Just give me a few more seconds and I'll be done!" My dad shouted from upstairs.

Today was New Years Eve and me and my dad were going over to the Matthews house. It was a really special night and I was nervous. It was the day Riley would meet my dad for the first time. I had never introduced her to him, I don't know why but I guess I never really thought about it.

Dad and I have been spending lots of time together and he would sometimes ask me about Riley. He wanted to know everything about the girl who changed me. The girl who made me a better person. The girl who now has my heart, safe in her hands. He was surprised that it happened. That his player of a son changed his way and settled down on one amazing girl.

A girl that has been my everything. A girl that has made me feel so much in just a few months. A girl with big brown eyes and brown long wavy hair. A cinnamon roll. A princess. My princess.

I wasn't surprised. I guess, deep down, I always knew it was bond to happen. I sound cheesy but what can I say? She did this to me.

"I'm done!" Dad came running down the stairs with his jacket in one hand and a bag with gifts in the other. He lifted the bag and grinned at me, "I just had to buy gifts, son."

I chuckled, "Okay, okay. We should keep going so we won't be late."

He nodded. "Yes, we should." He reached for the door but soon realised he wouldn't be able to open it since his hands were full. He send me a cheeky smile, "Lucas."

I rolled my eyes. "Let me." I opened the door and let my dad step outside to the cold night.

We walked over to my car and hopped inside. "Where exactly does she live?" Dad turned on the heat when I turned on the engine.

I sighed, "Not far away." I looked at my dad and saw that he was fiddling with his fingers and tapping his feet. The only time he does that is when..."Dad are you nervous?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

He looked at me and stopped with what he was doing, snorting at me. "Me? Nervous? Ha! I don't think so, son."

"Whatever you say, dad. Whatever you say." I started driving.

               "Come on dad, we're here."

I stopped outside their door, waiting for my dad. He had dropped the bag on our way up the stairs and was no freaking out that something had broke. I had told him it was alright but he kept saying that he needed to make a good first impression on the girl that 'made his player of a son a good guy'.

"Hold on, I don't think anything broke!" He said with so much glee lacing his voice.

I chuckled and shook my head when he came running up to me, standing beside me. "Let's go." He gave me a toothy smile.

I, once again, shook my head and knocked three times on the door.

I heard footsteps and soon the door flew open reviling Mr. Matthews with a big toothy smile, just like my own father.

"Welcome to our home!" He shoot up his arms in the air, the smile not leaving his face.

I looked at my dad who was now not wearing a toothy smile, but a nervous one.