Silver

DevilChild: Here it is, the final chapter to this story. I hope you enjoy this and I'll continue updating other stories (and fixing up some) once I'm done with this. Farewell, until next story.

Allen didn't have a clue what was going on. One moment he was fighting alongside Kanda; next thing he knew, he was now laying in a bed. At least - he assumed. To be totally honest, he had no clue where he was. He could see, and he felt a faint "comfort" (note sarcasm) from the oh so familiar beds from the hospital back at the Order.

Was he already there? He knew a few things: he doesn't have any loss of memory, he went over a mental checklist; he is not able to open his eyes, he's tried like eight times; he can feel things, like a hand in his or the blankets and pillows; and he could hear.

He could hear Lenalee talking to someone about eating or taking a shower or both. When she continued on and convinced whoever, the hand tightened and there was a small, soft thing-

Kanda! I'm sorry!

Allen suddenly remembered what had happened. What was he going to do? He felt so sorry! And, by the sounds of it, Kanda was worried. He felt another thing, but he was alone. So nobody was there to wipe the tears when they began to fall.

-/-/-/Time Skip/-/-/-

Kanda came back into the infirmary to see stains on the Moyashi's pillow. And he was... crying? He rushed over to sit there and grabbed his hand.

/-/-/-Allen's POV-/-/-/

"Moyashi, can you hear me? If you can, please don't cry. It makes this a whole lot more painful. And please... wake up?"

I can feel his hand... I'm sorry! I don't want you hurt! Oh god what have I done?

/-/-/-Kanda's pov -/-/-/

Allen began to tremble and he started to grip back. Finally, as if it had taken a lifetime, those beautiful silver eyes I knew and loved opened.

"K-Kanda..." His hoarse voice stuttered, "are you okay?"

All I could do was blink at him. Then I did something unbelievable to even me. I laughed.

Allen looked at me with wide eyes, "I guess not."

I looked at him and kissed him on the forehead.

"Never better."