03.

Louis sits at his kitchen table and his leg bounces as he sips his hot coffee. He's stayed away from the woods for a week, but every night the song plays through his dreams. He's slowly going insane and he needs to go back there and confront the boy. He sips at the hot coffee again, the liquid bouncing around the cup from his twitching leg. He needs to do this.

He stands up hastily and pours the rest of his drink in the sink. He grips the counter as the song starts to play over and over in his head. He can sing every word, knows the tune inside out. He has a duffel bag of clothes for the young boy and food for him to eat. Louis' not even sure if he does eat. He takes one last long breath and then stands straight. He grabs his bag and heads towards his front door.

He walks down the path that leads into the woods like he's done so many times. His fiancee is still asleep in their bed and he knows she won't worry when she wakes up. She thinks he's going to talk to God and not the Devil.

He enters the peaceful tranquility of the woods and without noticing he relaxes. The trees loom over him and small creatures watch him. His shoes crunch along the ground and he follows the song. He doesn't know how long it actually takes him to get there - it only ever feels like the blink of an eye - but soon he's in the clearing with the glass dome and the small pool of water. He can't see the boy and the music has stopped. Louis swallows back his fear and his feet drag him towards the dome. He moves silently, almost as if floating and finds a small door that faces away from where he enters. He slowly pushes it open and his breath catches as he takes in the sight.

The boy lies there, asleep. His naked body is covered by kaleidoscope colours and beds of leaves all around. Louis tries to move his eyes away from the sight, but he can't. Something about the dreaming boy lying there makes Louis' stomach twist and he can't deny that he finds the whole thing beautiful and perhaps magical as well. He jumps when the sleeping boy stirs and slowly opens his sparkling green eyes. The boy smiles at him and Louis just looks away and sets down his duffel bag.

"I brought you clothes. Put them on before we talk please," Louis tells him emotionlessly. Harry just gives him a tired, confused look that Louis ignores as he walks away. He needs to just tell this boy to leave him be. Louis is not gay and he's happy with his life as is. He doesn't need this thing messing everything up for him. He turns when he hears the small patter of feet and he tries to maintain a normal face when he sees the boy wearing his clothes.

"What do we need to talk about?" Harry yawns. Louis' Adidas sweater just fits the taller boy and his joggers are baggy, but short on him as well. Louis didn't bring him shoes in his rush, but at least he can talk to the boy now without feeling more uncomfortable than necessary. "You smell good," the boy also remarks and Louis chokes and looks down. This is not going how he wanted.

"Thanks... and we need to talk about you leaving me alone," Louis finds his voice and he makes eye contact with the boy. Harry just laughs and shakes his head.

"I have been. I've been sleeping," the boy tells him, gesturing back to the dome. Louis bites his lip and shakes his head. That's a lie. Louis can hear Harry singing all the time.

"You've been singing to me," Louis argues and Harry rolls his eyes. His long fingers play with the sleeves on Louis' sweater and his toes dig into the ground.

"I've been sleeping. You left and I got very sad and I went to sleep. You've been hearing the song because your heart desires to be here," Harry whispers. Louis shakes his head in bewilderment and he closes his eyes so he can calm himself. He won't let this crazy man in his head.

"I need you to just go back to where you came from," Louis informs him and Harry just rolls his eyes and turns on his heel. He sits down by the water and rolls up the joggers so he can put his feet in it. Louis waits for him to say something, but the boy just sits there, no sound coming from him. "Well?" Louis demands and the boy turns back to him, his eyes dark and his lips pursed.

"I come from here. You're the one that keeps coming to my home. You need to go back to where you came from. I no longer believe you're my soulmate because you're a very mean, hateful man and I do not like it," Harry spits at him. Louis feels a pang in his chest at his harsh tone and he's left speechless at what he said to him.

"I'm not mean or hateful! You're just crazy!" Louis shouts. Harry just snorts and his eyes remain locked on Louis'.

"I'm not crazy. You're crazy. Stop coming to me if you think I'm so crazy and bad. I have been minding my own business out here for many, many years and then you came to mess it all up," Harry tells him. Louis is surprised that he's talking back to him today. He needs answers and to get that he needs to stop fighting and listen.

"How many years?" Louis asks. Harry seems shocked at the question and how Louis' tone isn't hostile for once. Louis watches as the boy licks his lips and turns back to the water.

"I'm not sure anymore. I was born a long time ago and the Gods admired my beauty. They gave me the power of immortality, but with a twist. If I ever found my true love, I could go on and live a life with them and then finally die. That was so long ago," the boy sighs. Louis nods and he takes a small step towards the boy.

"Gods? Plural?" He asks and Harry looks at him and he gives him a smile that holds years of wisdom and truth.

"All Gods exist. Egyptian Gods and Hindu Gods and Muslim and Christian and Greek. They all exist among us, watching us. They're brothers and sisters and it's sad that you all fight over them," Harry muses. Louis tries to think of something to say to him, but he can't fathom words. How do you tell someone that believes in every God, that only one an exist?

"Okay, so the Gods made you immortal. How do you know your true love isn't a girl?" Louis asks and Harry laughs and he looks at the boy with shining eyes and a smile that could make anyone smile back at it.

"Because a girl didn't walk through here. You did," the boy tells him simply. Louis jumps when Harry pops up in front of him again, his hand moving to touch Louis' cheek.

"Did you get your speed from the Gods as well?" Louis tries to joke. Harry smiles, letting his thumb brush the soft surface of Louis' face.

"The Gods have given me many things to repay me for their favours. I'm very skilled in many areas," Harry tells him in a low voice. Louis forgets how to breathe for a moment as he just stares into Harry's green eyes and he almost lets the boy lay his lips upon his, but he jumps away at the last second. His heart pounds and his hands shake and tears build in his eyes.

"Don't. Don't ever do that again. I will not let myself sin for you. I will not turn my back on my God," Louis cries and Harry immediately looks upset and regretful. He moves forward to comfort the boy and Louis backs away from him quickly.

"I'm sorry," Harry says and Louis blinks away tears and shoves his hands in his pockets. He needs to clear his head, but he can't escape any of this even if he wants to.

"I will not be corrupted again by someone like you. I will not go back to that," Louis tells him and Harry's brow is furrowed but he nods his head.

"That's okay. We can be friends then? I don't like sitting here alone and we can just wait for my soulmate together," Harry offers quickly. Louis looks down at his shoes and his stomach growls from lack of food. He then looks back up at the sad, lonely boy and shrugs his shoulders.

"Sure. Just stop singing to me at night. I need to sleep," Louis sighs and Harry nods his head.