g - "i wished for happiness"

Eden woke up that morning, yearning for something.

She didn't know what, unfortunately, but there was something inside her heart that was tugging towards an unknown endpoint.

She turned her head to face Murphy's on the other cot. His face read peacefulness and serenity. His everlasting scowl was nonexistent in his sleeping state, as if the day's irritation disappeared at night.

Eden stayed, on her side, watching him sleep, for many minutes. She was silent. Brooding.

Her thoughts drifted to their lack of loneliness on Earth. Chancellor Jaha and the Council had told everyone that no-one had survived the Cataclysm. Yet, here were these "grounders," attacking and kidnapping their kind. Why were they so threatened? She asked herself. Eden simply, did not understand.

Eden had no answers to her questions, and no thoughts left to think. So, she sat up in her cot and carefully walked out of the tent.

The sun had just risen from behind Mount Weather, it's golden beams of light filling the camp. The camp was quiet, except for the occasional snore from a tent.

The flap of a tent opened and Murphy walked out.

"Hey." He greeted Eden from behind her.

"Hey!" Eden replied excitedly. "Isn't the sunri-"

She stopped short in her sentence, seeing as though John had no shirt on. Eden didn't know why it had that effect on her, all she knew was that it was a shame that all the girls, except Eden, didn't like John; because, he was fit.

Nonetheless, John chuckled. "Sorry, should I put on a shirt?"

Eden nodded, nervously laughing as well. He walked back into the tent and came back outside with a grey shirt on.

Eden and John sat in silence for a little bit until John broke the silence.

"Y'know, I saw a shooting star last night." He turned to look at Eden.

"Oh, did you?" Eden held wonder in her green eyes. She had never seen one before.

"Yeah. I wished on it as well." Murphy face was lit up like a christmas tree.

"And what did you wish for?" Eden inquired.

"According to the stories; if I tell you, it won't come true!" John smirked at Eden's look of defeat.

She groaned.

"Fine." Eden replied, holding out the  "I" sound sarcastically.

After a long silence, Murphy smiled.

"I wished for happiness." He confessed.

"I wish you hadn't told me." Eden's eyes looked sad now.

"Why?" Murphy asked, quizically.

"Because, now, it won't come true."

A feeling of euphoria rushed through John's stomach, making him shiver with pleasure.

"I don't think it matters." John said, smiling, and happy.

A/N:

GUESS WHO UPDATED!!!!
also omg can we talk about the recent ep omg the memori ~cheek kiss~ and the bellarke reunion just let me LIVE GOD

anyways here's ur update

-SAV