Chapter Two

The door opened to a white hallway. On the left was a blue door titled Team one. On the right was a silver door titled Team 2. Further on their left was a green door titled Team 3. Lastly there was a red door titled Team 4. Colonel Dolce spoke.

"These are your new living quarters. You will be separated into four teams of four.

Team 1 will be Diana McCabe, Chung Zhang, Matilda Chance, and Henry Winters. You four will be bunking in Room Blue.

Team 2: Albert Varghese, Sandy Holiday, Jonathon McDonald, and Becky Rodriguez; Room Silver.  

Team 3: Alvin Wharwood, Amanda Mendoza, Nicholas Cliffton, and Susanne Alsop; Room Green

Team 4: Patricia Williams, Dustin Guise, Becky Powell, and Harold Turner- Room Red."

"I suggest you get to know the members of your team as you will be working with them for the foreseeable future."

     The assembly dispersed into their separate corridors. Alvin was the last to enter Room Green. Sitting on the bed with his head down was a  male with dirty blond hair and icy blue eyes, he looked to be almost 6ft  and from his muscle tone was probably a dedicated body builder or a star football player, he was dressed in a loose black shirt and jean pants; Nicholas Cliffton he guessed. In the corner to the left were two girls chatting the one closest was Hispanic, her hair in two light brown pigtails. She was wearing a light purple blouse and faded blue jeans about 5ft 6; Amanda Mendoza. The one she chatted with was much taller at least 5ft 11, around Alvin's own height, She had dark skin and jet black hair, she was dressed in a spotless school uniform with earrings that glistened whenever the light hit them; Susanne Alsop.

     As he approached Susanne tried to silence Amanda by clearing her throat. Amanda got the point and abruptly stopped but her expression told him that she was confused about why. Not willing to wait for Amanda to figure it out, Susanne pushed past her and stood in front of Alvin she stuck out her hand and said,

"Hello, my Name is Susanne Alsop." She said this with the formality of a well rehearsed speech, in fact she almost seemed to strike a pose as she introduced herself. Alvin shook her hand

"Can I call you Sue"

"My name is Susanne Alsop" She said with a smile as if correcting a small child who had made a unintentional mistake. Susanne then turned to the girl behind her looking expectantly.

"I'm Amanda."

For a second Susanne's face flashed with disapproval.

"Amanda what?" She asked

"Mendoza." Amanda answered her voice hinting at frustration. Susanne smiled like she was praising a puppy and turned to Nicholas. Nicholas was still looking at the ground and didn't get the hint. Susanne cleared her throat again Nicholas looked up startled. He looked around franticly then a shadow of relief passed over him when he realized it was only Susanne. Then he stared at her, trying to figure out why she was looking at him funny. Alvin decided to intervene before Sue did.

"Hi, my name's Alvin"

"Oh" said Nicholas finally grasping what was expected of him "My name's Nicholas" Susanne opened her mouth to ask Nicholas what, but Alvin cut her off.

"This is Sue and Amanda." Alvin said gesturing towards the girls.

"Actually my name is Susanne." She added Not quite as nicely as before.

"Nice to meet the three of you."

     Before anyone could say more there was a knock on the door. Susanne immediately got up to answer. A man dressed in a black jumpsuit carrying green bundles entered the room. Amanda gave him a friendly "Hi," but he said nothing, in fact he hardly made any sound at all as he glided across the room and placed the bundle down on the nearest bed. He left as silently as he had come without bothering to look at anyone in the room.

Alvin was the first to examine the pile. It was made of four separate uniforms: A green shirt, a green jacket, and black jeans.

"They actually expect us to wear these things, they look completely ridiculous" Alvin said in disgust as he examined his uniform.

"We should never criticize a gift." Susanne informed him. From the way she said it Alvin knew that she must be quoting someone. Amanda just shrugged

"They don't look so bad to me."

"I actually kind of like them" put in Nicholas.

"Its not like were going to stand out," Amanda continued, "Everyone else was probably issued something similar."

"Your right it could be worse," Alvin started, "we could be wearing yellow spandex jumpsuits or even worse, we could be issued whatever it is that Sue's wearing"

Susanna's face twisted into a scowl as she began to clench her fist's. Amanda quickly started to diffuse the situation.

"There is no need to start fighting just yet we've only known each other for a couple of minutes."

She picked up something from the bed.

"What's Hypercognatary processing mean?" Alvin of course had spied the id's already but had been occupied with the uniforms. He shrugged and replied.

"I'm not quite sure myself, but from what agent Gilliam said it's something to do with being smart."

"Your a super genius?" Amanda asked somewhat in awe.

"More like a super processor, but yeah basically."

"That's awesome," Put in Nicholas "I wish I had something like that."

"What can you do" Amanda said looking at Nicholas. Before he could answer Alvin lifted Nicholas's ID off the bed, it was a simple ID; it had his picture, name, and date of birth and at the end it said: Pyrokinetic.

"Your a pyrokinetic" Alvin said shocked, he had known of course that these people were different but he thought they had minor differences like a little faster or stronger. He hadn't known that they were capable of pyrokinesis.

"Oh that," said Nicholas looking down again as if embarrassed, "it's not as great as it sounds, I mean, sure I can start fires with my mind, but I can't put them out. In fact so far it only seems to cause...problems. Trust me yours is much better"

"I'm not so sure about that" Alvin answered with a smile. Starting fires, even in you couldn't put them out, seemed a lot more useful than being a super processor.

"How about you Susanne?" Amanda asked.

Susanne closed her eyes in concentration, and put out her hand like she was about to receive something from above.