Episode 1- Enemies in the Dark

Start from the beginning

"They'll have to work together if they want to beat us before we 'kill' them." She loaded her gun and tossed them the others. 

"You never beat me at this Jay." Adam commented as he fired a test shot at the ground, which splattered the ground with a bloody red colored paint. 

"Do I want to know how you played this game before?" Valdis questioned dryly. 

"Simple. Fight to the death." Henry could only imagine how fun that had been for Adam, though Jaylyn didn't seem to care to much considering there was a smile on her face as she spoke. "Of course with these the rules are you win if you hit a vital area... though I'm hoping no one here is stupid enough to aim for a head shot considering this can still hurt." 

"And we have to work on teams to win?" Henry glanced at Adam, who Jaylyn had claimed was going to be his 'teammate'. 

"I would recommend it." She smirked. "After all, you do need someone to watch your back unless you want me to shoot you in it." 

Henry mentally sighed, wishing he could at least have her or Valdis on his team instead, but gave a nod of agreement to her. "Fine. How do the others know when there's a winner?"

"When everyone else is back here." Jaylyn decided before motioning for Valdis to follow her. "Come on, each team has a minute to get away from the starting point and have a plan of attack before the killing starts." 

"Come on Henry." Adam started walking in the opposite direction. "I have a plan." 

Well of course he did. Adam probably had a plan to kill anyone without breaking a sweat. Henry hid his distaste as he followed the other immortal into the forest, not liking the fact they were now alone. Not that he could do anything about it now and it was a bit reassuring that Adam didn't have a real weapon on him. 

The other immortal came to a stop. "Jaylyn will split up with Valdis to trap us on this side of the forest, we should keep an eye out for them hiding in the undergrowth. If you see any movement shoot it." 

"It could be a squirrel or bird." Henry commented. 

"Do you hear any birds Dr. Morgan?" Henry caught Adam's slightly annoyed look. "I'm the one who trained her, you should listen to me when I tell you what she'll do." 

"And if Valdis decides to make the plan?" Henry countered, hoping to throw Adam off his game by asking if he were wrong. 

"Jaylyn will go alone and we'll be better off for it. An enemy divided is already conquered." 

He glanced around as a branch snapped but saw a rabbit jumping through the undergrowth to nibble at something it had found on the ground. Henry turned back to see Adam on the move again. "Where are you going? You said we were staying here!" 

"Sh." Adam ordered before replying quietly. "That was to mess with her judgement of our distance. She would've guessed you would keep walking, thankfully, you have me on your side so I can take her out easily... after that Valdis won't have a chance to win. Now do as I say and watch my back as I keep a lookout on that hill." 

~~~~~

Jaylyn crept slowly along the branches of the tree before nimbly jumping into the next one, balancing her weight out to keep the branches from clattering together too much over the slight breeze. Below her Valdis was crawling through the undergrowth, preparing to create a distraction for Henry and Adam to attack while she ambushed them from behind. Adam wouldn't win this time, she was going to win at least this once in her immortality. She gave the signal once she was in position before waiting for Valdis to fire her gun and crashing off through the forest, below Henry gave a startled jump before running after her with a shout to Adam.