Chapter 23:Its just so long for now

The days seemed to have flown by for both Ariel and Lizzie as the day came for Anubis and Zwei to be moved. Lord Blaine had sent a letter the day before stating that all the preparations had been made for them. He had sent a carriage for them to come to his home. Sitting and staring out of the window, Ariel couldn't help but let a sad sigh escape her as she gently pet Anubis. The boys had been a bit more on edge the last few days sensing something was off with their masters. Both Ariel and Lizzie felt horrible about leaving them at Lord Blaine's; but Adrian was right that it would be better for them with more room.

Lord Blaine's house was further away by at least another thirty minutes to the northwest of Lord Gage's estate. It was a large amount of land they had to admit. They had already been on his land for at least five minutes without any sign of the house yet. The boys would surely have plenty of room to run around out here and food to eat other than humans. The thought made Ariel both happy and sad at the same time. She would miss her hound from hell and the love he would show her. She knew Lizzie was having the same issue as well by how quiet she had been.

After a few more minutes they could finally see the house come into view. It was a tall three story brick mansion that went in the shape of a horseshoe. It had the same style driveway Lord Gage's did with a large circle out front and a small garden and fountain in it. The surrounding area was all gardens to greet the visitors when they arrived. Ariel could see around the back briefly and saw the stables and pen area's to train the horses. She looked down as the carriage rolled up to the front and gave a sad smile to Anubis who gently nuzzled her hand.

Opening the door was Kade with his normal blank face as he bowed and gestured for them to get out. "Good day Miss Ariel and Miss Lizzie, Lord Blaine is expecting you both in his greeting room. Please allow me to show you the way." Kade held out his hand for Lizzie and Ariel to get out and led the way into the large mansion. Anubis and Zwei had jumped out after them and began walking beside them. "Kade is it alright for the boys to be following us into the house like this? Wont the other servants get nervous from seeing two hell hounds walking around?" Ariel asked looking a bit nervous.

Kade gave a brief look back before turning forward again. "I assure you it is fine Miss Ariel. The only other servants in this house are supernatural like me. You have met Alec who is Caspian's student; please allow me to introduce you to mine." He said gesturing to the same female maid who had been at Lord Gage's ball. She gave a brief curtsy as she looked over the two. "It is a pleasure to finally officially meet you both Miss Lizzie; Miss Ariel." She said nodding her head in turn to each. "Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is Eunice Ashmore and I am Kades' demon student."

They took this chance to look her over as she stood in front of them. She was of normal height about five foot seven. She had long dark brown hair that went to her mid back with big deep brown eyes. She wore the typical maid outfit of the time, nothing special really. You could certainly never tell she would be a demon just from looking at her.

Lizzie and Ariel gave the female demon a smile and curtsied back to her giving her a smile. "It is a pleasure to meet you Eunice, if I may ask how old are you compared to Kade?" Lizzie asked looking curious. "I am only two hundred years old, and before you ask Miss Ariel I am a bat demon. I have heard you are a curious one when it comes to the types of demons." Eunice said grinning over at her. Ariel smiled back at her and nodded as she spoke. "Well I am glad to hear it; I personally have always loved bats. I must say I am happy to finally see a female demon though. It is funny however to think you share the same name as myself."

Eunice looked quizzically over at her, "What do you mean share the same name?" "Well just that my middle name is Eunice. I was born Ariel Eunice Siciliano. I just find it amusing that you share the same name. I have only met one other person in my life with that name and she was a cousin." Ariel smiled as she spoke and let her stance become comfortable. "Yes well as amusing as this is we have a schedule to keep ladies and the Lord is waiting. Please go get the tea Eunice." Kade said giving his student a stern look and turning it back to nothingness as he began walking again. "Please follow me ladies so we may keep on schedule." "You should really relax more Kade; perhaps smile some more or something. Honestly there's no need to be so stern all the time." Ariel said walking after him.