The Date

I paced around Terri's house and waited for O'Dell, yeah. I was at Terri's.

I was only there so Terri could help me with my hair. She curled it with these little curling thingies.

I heared a knock and I flung myself at the door.

I opened it and smiled at O'Dell.

'Hi." I said.

"Hey." He replied.

"Oh you two lovebirds get a room! So much tension, bet y'all just wanna get at it like-"

"TERRI!" O'Dell and I both yelled in unision.

"Fine. I'll shut up, but y'all know it's true." I laughed and walked outside.

O'Dell followed me and we started walking towards the diner.

"So." I said as we got inside and walked to a booth. "Why a diner?"

We sat down, him across from me.

"I don't know.  I thought we could hang out over some milkshakes, burgers and fries." He said while laughing a little.

"Sounds good to me."

The waitress came over and took out her notepad.

"What can I get you darlin'?" She asked while looking at me.

"I would like a cheeseburger, the potato fries, not the sweet potato ones and a chocolate milkshake."

She nodded.

"And for you?" She asked while turning to O'Dell.

"What she's having and two colas."

The waitress nodded, took our menus and walked away.

"Why do we need soda?"

"Remeber, the milkshakes here are thick."

"Oh. Right. Forgot."

He smiled a little.

Soon after we started talking we had our food. We ate and only had our milkshakes left.

We drank them quickly and I slurped the rest of mine. I looked at O'Dell while I was slurping.

"Thanks for letting the world know your glass is empty." He said while laughing.

I felt my cheeks get hot and I let go of the straw and covered my cheeks with my hair.

He stopped laughing and chuckled then got up and sat next to me.

He leaned over to me and whispered. "I think it's cute when you let the world know your glass is empty." I laughed and shoved his shoulder.

The waitress came over and gave us the bill. It had all zeros on it.

"Uh, excuse me... UH... Debra!" I said looking at her nametag.

"Yes hon?"

"There's no price..."

"I know. It's on the house."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you saved my daughter."

"Wait, what?"

"You are Amber Fitch right?"

"Yes ma'am."

"You saved my daughter, Jordon. She almost got hit by that drunk as a skunk driver."

I nodded, remembering I had pushed her out of the way just in time.

"Thank you."

"Uh... No problem..."

She smiled and walked away.

"Aw, someone's a little hero!" O'Dell said in a sing song voice. I lightly punched his shoulder.

"Shuddup."

He smiled and grabbed his shoulder pretending to be hurt.

He walked me to Terri's house as where I would be spending a few nights there while my mom got her stuff out of myhome.

We stopped on the front steps. "Well, O'Dell that was nice. Thank you."

"You're welcome. We should do it again sometime."

I nodded. "You look really pretty by the way, Amber."

I blushed a little.

"And you're cute when you blush."

I felt more heat rise to my cheeks and I tried to cover it with my hair.

O'Dell reached forward and tucked some hair behind my ear.

"I think you're adorable."

I'm sure I was a tomato by now.

"May I kiss you?" He asked out of the blue.

I looked up and his eyes were like puppy dog eyes.

I nodded slowly.

He gently tilted my chin up, being careful of the few bruises, and he leaned down and kissed me slowly, waiting for my reaction. Well my reaction involved getting sparks and bombs going off like it was the Fourth of July.

I kissed back automatically and put my hands on his face. I felt something drag along my bottom lip.

Oh, great.

His tongue.

Even though I've never done such before I opened my mouth and he slide his tongue in and explored my mouth. I ran my tonuge along side his and I felt him put his hands on my hips.

A little bit later, I broke away gasping for air as did he.

"That..."

I looked at him and started kissing him again. He didn't fight it though and we started walking slowly off the porch while kissing. We stopped kissing and ran to the park, the one by my house and we sat on the bench. We started making out and I felt like I needed more but, hell, this is a park.

A park.

Where children play!

O'Dell leaned forward a little and I leaned back. I pushed him back and he looked at me weirdly.

"Something...wrong...Ambs?" He asked between breaths.

I took his hand. "If we are gonna do something like this we should go somewhere else." I started dragging him towards my home. I know my mom wouldn't be here because, one, she isn't allowed here at night and two, she's on house arrest until further notice.

I ran inside, still dragging him and then I shut the door. We made out, again and then went upstairs.

You can guess the rest.