Δ Five. Badass Outfits, Dancing, and Bar Fights, Oh my! Δ

ST ROCH, 1975

The large ship lowered itself onto the long, green grass, barely touching down before the holographic illusions were deployed, turning the hulking vessel invisible.

Inside the Waverider, the nine occupants plus Rip were still seated, their bodies adjusting to the change of time-travel.

Ray jumped out of his seat, a smile on his face as if nothing was wrong in the world. Just then, Mick leaned over the side of his chair and began to throw up,

"Oh, I should have mentioned it before. Nausea is one of the side effects of time-travel." Rip notified quickly, "Along with-"

Ray crashed to the ground, his legs giving out beneath him.

"-Vertigo." Rip finished his sentence.

"I, I can't see." Stein stated, pulling off his glasses with a blank look in his eyes.

"And temporary blindness. It should only last a minute." Ray assured, waving a hand in front of the professors face, "After all, that was a mere jog. The further back in time you go, the worse the side effects. Better?"

"It's all relative." Stein replied, blinking hard as Rip walked to the side, inspecting the others who all had varying expressions of disorientation; except for one.

"How come I don't feel any different?" Katrina questioned, standing up as she did so and spreading her arms out questioningly.

"Hmmm..." the time-traveler pondered this for a moment before looking at the strawberry blonde, "It may be some sort of side effect of your magic. Maybe your body has adjusted to the changing of your powers so well that it is now able to handle the fluidity of time travel."

Katrina opened her mouth to speak, but she was interrupted by Jay, who said something to Stein before getting up to address Rip.

"Hey, I wanna go home." Jay demanded, walking past the console.

"Good for you, then." Rip spoke briskly, "2016 will be around in, ah, 41 years. Now, you four feel free to make yourselves comfortable on the ship, the rest of you come with me."

"Woah, woah, woah, woah." Mick graveled, "You're benching us?"

"I thought we were supposed to be a team." Sara stated, standing from her seat.

"Yeah, I didn't come all this way just to stay behind in the ship." Katrina added, walking next to Sara so that she was facing Captain Hunter as well.

"Look, this mission doesn't require your particular skill set, yet." Rip turned to exit, but Snart's voice cut off his retreat.

"You mean you don't need anything killed, maimed, robbed, or blown up with magic." the criminal corrected lazily.

"Precisely." Rip affirmed, nodding once and turning to leave once more, either ignoring or not noticing the offended looks on Sara and Katrina's faces.

"You sure it's a good idea to leave those two unsupervised on a time machine?" Ray questioned, looking at Captain Hunter uncertainly.

"Hey Haircut." Mick called, "Deafness wasn't one of the side effects."

"We'd better hurry up." Rip interrupted, "Professor Boardman will die in less than 24 hours."

'What's the point in cutting it so close?" Ray inquired.

"Because if he's destined to die, he doesn't have a timeline for us to disrupt and his impact on the future will be minimal." Dr. Stein explained, "How brilliant!"