Oikawa Tooru | Love at first sight

Oikawa Tooru was always a ladies man, but contrary to how people perceive him, no girl has ever given him that funny feeling all his friends describe as love. At one stage he had even thought he was gay. It seemed to be his only logical explanation, or at least he thought it was, until he saw you. Everytime he saw you his whole world had turned upside down, he lost his cool and his insides always felt funny. Butterflies would appear in his stomach and his throat felt heavier than ever before.

Maybe this is what his friends had described to him as love at first sight?

*****

Sitting in class quietly kept to yourself, you pay no attention to anyone and ignore everyone around you while your earphones are plugged in and the music blasting out through both ears. School had just begun and you weren't bothered to strike a conversation with anyone.

You hated school and the very idea of it was repulsive. However, the only reason you came was for a certain someone. A certain brunette who had grasped your attention always, no matter how far he was.

But he forgot you. The promise he made. And the memories you both shared.

*****

Strutting down the empty hall towards the next lesson, from afar you see him there longside his friends just talking. You put your head down in fear of catching his attention as you pass by. You probably wouldn't catch his attention but the chances still stood there and that was what frightened you.

Walking past him your breathing becomes slow and heavy as your heart sinks to your stomach. It hurt seeing him.

Seeing Tooru.

As you walk by the group, Oikawa looked at you wide eyed, stopping mid conversation. He never felt this way about any girl before but everytime you walked past him or he had saw you, his heart felt like it was about to explode and his insides were twisting into knots.

It wasn't always like this for him, to be shaken by a girl whom he didn't know personally and lose his composure. From the first day he saw you from afar, he knew something was different. And as time went on he tried his best to know you but in an indirect way, a not so upfront and usual approach of his. The whole month he had been contemplating whether he should make his move or not and for some reason he decided that today was the day. He felt like it was a now or never type of day, the day he would start off being friends with you. A step closer to being a boyfriend.

However, he had never expected to see you right now walk past him or even be in the same vicinity as him. He was going to approach you after school had finished, when you had begun your usual routine once it was sometime. The plan was to intercept you midway through your routine since he knew your habits and what you usually did after school perfectly well.

"H-hey you..." he called out as he pointed towards your direction. Wincing at himself and screaming internally for partially stuttering.

You stopped in place for a moment but brushed it off. It couldn't possibly be me, you thought to yourself. He was probably calling someone else, so you didn't bother to pay attention to his voice. That was until a hand had touched your shoulder by surprise.

Shock had come first but was quickly replaced with frustration. You already knew who it was tapping your shoulder. You knew his smell well enough to identify that it was him. Turning around on the heels of your feet you look at him, a frustrated expression placed on your face. "What?" You huffed out.

"Meet me after school at the gymnasium," he had said before Iwaizumi had dragged him off.

Standing there lost in your own thoughts a confused look crept up on your face which had slowly turned into a sad smile.

"He's still the same." You had thought to yourself before letting out a loud sigh, "What an idiot."

TO BE CONTINUED

That's cute smile, that face

That's cute smile, that face. Oikawa is my king alongside Kuroo.

So It's 2020 and I've decided to edit all these chapters I had made 3-4 years ago and fix it for my new readers and also add more short chapters here.