thirteen

March 13, 2016

XII

-

Where was she at that day? I was looking for her, but there was no trace.

I called her name. I screamed inside my heart for her. I dialed her number on my phone, but there was no answer, no ring.

The world filled with voices seemed silent to me.

The sun that shines bright on the world below seemed nonexistent and the skies seemed gloomy.

I had returned from my trip to hometown, Daegu, that day.

She has said she would watch me that day. I let her words process my mind like a breeze and thought she would meet me, but now I know.

I finally understood what she really meant.

As I stepped out of the car that day, the sirens from the passing vehicles started fading into the distance, and my mother had came to me  and handed me a letter.

She said it was from you.

"You're finally home Taehyung! Welcome back, son! Oh! Your girlfriend left you a letter while you were gone."

I had thanked her for the letting and accepted it before making my way to my room.

As I opened the envelop, I positioned myself comfortably on my bed.

My hands grazed the flap before slipping out the letter inside.

Hello, Taehyung.

Yeah?

I'm pathetically writing to you.

Pathetically? Why?

Thank you for making me smile. Thanking for staying there. For shinning a light at me. For a long time now, I've had gone through ups and downs. Honestly, I knew there was something about you. Remember how I told you one day that I would answer your question about scissors? Well here it is...

Why are you thanking me so much for doing the things I did? I'll always continue to do so.

A few years ago I was a normal girl. I was happy. I smiled a lot.

So you've changed from before.

My friend was walking down the streets while checking her bag. I had forgotten to give her her pair of scissors that I borrowed. I borrowed them to cut really thick cardboard boxes for a project. Her scissors were always the sharpest. I didn't know why, but I liked that about it. I was on the other side. Standing while holding the scissor. I hated her for being perfect. I hated that smile that everyone loved. But that wasn't why it happened. I raised my hand and called her name.

"Hey! Your scissors! I forgot to put it back in your bag!"

I hated her, but I loved her. I guess you really are able to love someone as much as you hate them. She stood with me during my hardest times. But I went behind her. I purposely didn't do things her way. I asked myself if she was really dense back then.