Chapter 15

Hi strangers! How are you guys? Read the advice ladies and gentlemen. The advice is mostly for guys but, it's good for girls too.

Advice#2- A boy would fool around. A man would play. A player would be a player. A gentleman would be honest.

Author

★★★★★★★FHP★★★★★★★

"How does it feel knowing you will be a father soon?" Lord Gillian asked before taking a sip of his wine.

"Truth; scary. Not only will you protect your wife, but a babe in a few months, a tiny one to put it at that." Landon answered truthfully.

"Ivy, how does it feel being with babe." Her father teased at the blush forming on her face.

Ivy just stared at her father in embarrassment before opening her mouth but closing it when she realized she had nothing to say.

"Different, knowing that a child inside you is depending on you for its nurture. Can we drop the subject now?" Ivy pleaded as her father laugh.

"Dear, how are you faring?" Her mother cut her father from asking another embarrassing question.

"Fine, the baby has not given me any hard times." Ivy smiled at her mother before turning to her right where Ann was picking her vegetables.

"Mother this is nasty!" Ann yelled across the table.

"Ann your manners." Lady Gillian harshly reminded. "And please eat at least three."

"Ivy hasn't eaten hers." Ann said refusing to finish her plate.

"Shall I tell Ady to not give you a cake?" Lady Gillian threatened.

"But mother..." Little Ann began but stop when her mother gave her a stern look. She scrunched her nose before putting some peas into her mouth.

"Now that you are baring a child darling, you need to relax and not work yourself, especially in the chambers." Ivy's father randomly said.

Ivy cough lightly at her father sentence and hid her face in the crook of Landon's neck as he pulled her close to him.

"Oh help me lord." Ivy mumbled.

"Hun, please speak up." Lady Gillian said not noticing her daughter's discomfort.

"This conversation, I should have with my mother, not by father." Ivy said coughing while shielding her face from more embarassment.

"Ah...okay Ivy. I am done embarrassing you." Her father chuckled.

"Mother, how have you been?" Ivy said switching subjects.

"Faring well." Lady Gillian smiled.

Ivy's mother died when she was 16. At 17 her father married and at 19 her step-mother gave birth to a beautiful girl. At the time when her step-mother was 33, her father was 40. Ivyline thought she was going to be the mean step mother but, when Ivy met her they bonded very well. She never treated Ivy any different.

"Darling are you still here?" Her father asked loudly.

"Yes, just going back to when I was 19." Ivy smiled at the memories and shook her head. "The day I became a proud sister."

"Ann was born." Lady Gillian concluded while smiling as she replay the memories in her head.

"Also when papa married you." Ivy smiled. "I thought you were marrying my father for money and you were going to treat me like a maid." Ivy laughed. "I was so wrong."

"I thought you were going to hate me.'" Lady Gillian said, giving her eldest daughter a guilty smile.

"King Landon, Ivy, Ann, Lord, Lady, Gillian; desert is awaiting you." Ady said.

Everyone got up from their seats as Landon just followed them in a confused state.

"Desert is serve in the living quarter. It's a time for us to gather as a family." Ivy explained as she took her seat by the fire and happily took a bite of the chocolate drizzle cake.

"This is delicious." Little Ann said as Ivy nodded in agreement.

Ivy savored the taste and laugh in happiness while taking another bite.

"If I could marry a chocolate drizzle cake, I would." Ivy said as Ady serve her another slice of it.

Landon stood by Lord Gillian and shook his head. Ivy was so different in so many ways. The way she ate, he found it arousing him as he shifted his feet.

"She is beautiful." Landon said.

"She is. Her mother was very beautiful, strong, enticing...Ivyline is just like that. Her mother death done a lot of damage to her until I married Ava." Lord Gillian said. "I remembered telling Ivy about Ava. She screamed at me for hours, she was so angry until she met Ava in person. They instantly bonded together, the best decision I ever made was marrying Ava to bring back the light in Ivy's eyes. Don't get me wrong, I love Ava but Ava knows that my love for my first wife Emily will always be greater. Ava is a good wife, her love for me can not be ignored."

"How...how do you know she loves you?" Landon asked quietly.

"When she looks at you, her eyes sparkle. She forgets about everyone else, it's just the two of you in the room. Ivyline loves you...I can tell. She seeks you for protection. If I can go back in time, I would change everything from her mother's death. For months, I left her by herself. She dealt with her mother's death alone, my regret, my fault. I tried making it up to her but, she was full grown and was loved by Ava. On her ten and eight birthday, she finally opened her heart, mind to me." Lord Gillian answered.

I can't remember if I gave a first name to Ivy's step-mother. So in the process, she will be Lady Ava Gillian.

Thanks for reading!

Author :)