Chapter Twenty-Seven:Not All Boys Are Giant Douche Sickles

Start from the beginning

Dang you Jason Stone.

"Jay..."

"No, hear me out Tessa. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry about everything." He looks up at me with those blue eyes I worshipped at some point in my life. Now they do nothing for me, they're entirely the wrong colour, the wrong blue. I kick myself mentally for being such a doormat whenever it came to Jay. He must think that I'm still the same, yearning for him to see me as something other than a friend. I'm dating his brother though, how much more of a wakeup call does he need?

Speaking of said brother, if Jay doesn't put more of a space between us and doesn't stop leaning towards me like he is we could have a problem on our hands. I scoot away but he just closes the distance again and continues talking.

"I ruined everything and it can't be fixed, I get that. We can't happen right now and I accept that but can we be friends? Like we used to? I'd really like your friendship back Tessa."

"Look I..."

"I know Cole's not going to be happy with this but you don't have to listen to everything he says. We can go back to being what we were before he got back."

That's it. I've just reached my limit for listening to his bullshit for today.

I snort and he visibly cringes. Did I just hurt his feelings, well boo hoo.

"We weren't friends Jay, not the right way at least. You knew how I felt about you, you knew and you still dated Nicole. If you cared about me in any way you wouldn't have done that to me. You stood by and watched her bully me day in and day out. But I was that stupid huh? I always made excuses for you, always thought that you didn't know what your girlfriend was up to but not even you could be that blind. Fact is you were too embarrassed to be seen with me when I was fat so why should I let you do that now? You haven't given me a single reason to trust you."

That felt good. To say that, to get all of it out just feels amazing and I hope I've gotten the point across. The nerve of him to come up to me and imply that Cole somehow controls me! I could easily have ignored the rest of his pathetic tirade but that just takes the cake. He does not get to give his opinion about my relationship. That's just wrong.

"And as for Cole, he and I are none of your business. I'd appreciate it if you would keep your deluded opinions to yourself."

I stand up with a huff, yanking my backpack from the ground in an attempt to run away from him but he's got a hold of my wrist faster than you could possibly imagine. He looks remorseful, upset and apologetic.

"That came out all wrong, I'm sorry. I keep making a mess out of this." He exhales, running a hand through his hair and inches closer towards me.

"I just...I wish things were different. I wish I hadn't pushed you away and that we could have our shot but I see now that, that's not going to happen. It makes me so mad that I threw away what we could've had for someone like Nicole. Please just give me some time? I could be your friend Tessa and I swear I'll do a better job this time."

I just stare at him at a total loss for words. I never thought I'd see the day Jay Stone begged me for friendship and declared is feelings for me all in one go. Of course I dreamt of it, like that naïve weakling I was but that's all in the past. Now I harbor no such wishes or dreams. It's kind of ironic.

"I'm...I can't think about this now. There's too much going on and right now I just need to be there for Beth. I can't do this, not right now. I'm sorry."

He lets go of my hand and steps back, shoving both his hands into his pockets.

"I understand and it's okay. I'll wait; it's what I deserve right?"