Scene 2

Octavia's POV:

Alone. That's how Octavia often felt.

Going without a mother or any other female remodel in her life took a toll on her. How was she supposed to learn what was normal for girls when the only people she was around were boys?

Couldn't Bellamy see that? Why did he have to give her that horrified look when she told him what Lily and her were talking about? God he made her so angry, which led her to feel even more alone.

She looked down at her cuticles which were now a bloody mess, and sighed. Every time she got upset this happened, every time she told herself to stop, it got worse. It was like a never ending cycle.

Octavia got up from her bed and walked over to her dresser where she kept band aids for when this happened.

Opening the packaging and placing the band aid on her fingers, she examined it and rolled her eyes, hopefully no one will notice the hello kitty print covering the bandage. Octavia's stomach suddenly grumbled, and she realized with dread she would have to go to the kitchen and face Bellamy for the sake of food.

Groaning to herself, she dragged her feet over to the door and put her ear up to it, listening. There weren't any footsteps. Coast was clear.

Octavia hesitantly turned the door knob and stepped into the hallway, making her way towards the kitchen. Do they even have any food right now? She couldn't remember the last time Bellamy and her went to the store.

Rounding the corner she relied back at the sight of the kitchen. It looked disgusting, the dirty dishes were starting to become a small mountain in the sink. Octavia sighed, if she didn't start cleaning, who would? Bellamy was so busy working she couldn't expect him to do the laundry, go to work, and clean the kitchen.

Turning on the water she got to work, rinsing out dirty cups and setting them out to dry while humming a tune she'd heard a few girls singing in the bathroom at school.

"Ouch!" Octavia suddenly took a step back from the sink and shook her hand wildly, the soap seeping into the new cuts on her fingers. "Stupid useless bandaids," she muttered quietly to herself, glaring at her hand.

"What are you doing?" a deep voice asked.

Octavia jumped and spun around quickly. Realizing it was obviously just Bellamy, she felt stupid for reacting so skittishly. She turned back to the sink and continued to wash dishes, ignoring the burning sensation coming from her fingers. "I'm just washing the dishes," she said sourly.

"Okay, but why the extra dance moves?" Bellamy asked quizzically.

"Why do you care?" Octavia challenged, adding an eye roll she knew he couldn't see.

Bellamy walked toward the sink and shut off the water, eyeing her. Octavia narrowed her eyes to meet his, but was surprised to see the amount of concern in them.

"O, why are their band aids on all of your fingers?" Bellamy reached down to grab her hand, but she quickly pulled it away and tucked it to her chest. Bellamy's eyes grew wide, then narrowed.

~~

"Octavia how long has this been going on?" Bellamy sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

After unwrapping the band aids and showing Bellamy her fingers that barely had any skin left at the tips, he had dragged Octavia to their table, pushing off all the junk, and sitting in silence with her for the past ten minutes.

"A while," Octavia responded, embarrassed to have been caught ruining her own fingers.

"I need more than that, O," he said impatiently, meeting her eyes.

Why couldn't he just leave this alone? This wasn't affecting him, this was purely her fault.

"Bellamy what do you want me to say?"

"Tell me why the hell you've peeled off your own skin?" he replied incredulously.

Octavia's glare dropped to the table, unable to meet his gaze.

"I've been doing this since—since—the floor incident," She stammered, trying to stayed calm and not remember the horrible experience.

Bellamy's fists clenched and unclenched, his body filling with an uncontrollable desire to want to erase all the bad memories his sister probably had. He felt helpless. Who was there for her to depend on if she couldn't depend on her own brother?

"O, I know how hard that was for you," he began, "but this isn't a good way to handle what happened," he stated.

Octavia couldn't do this right now, not another emotional battle with her brother. One per day was more than enough. She stood up, the chair scraping from underneath her, and headed to her room, without looking back at Bellamy. She left him there, still staring at her empty seat.

She knew it wasn't fair to him, but she just couldn't will herself to go back and talk it through. Not now.

Opening her door, she flopped down on her unmade bed, hoping to fall asleep and forgot this entire day.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, sorry it took so long to update! I realize this chapter is shorter than the first but I promise this story is going somewhere. Happy reading, remember to vote and comment. :)