Return to hogwarts

Start from the beginning

Sirius dropped down leaning on his elbow next to Caelen. "Well I definitely didn't like hearing those things." He admitted brushing a tired hand through his hair. "I dunno kid, he might have had a point, except for one thing."

"What?"

"Putting myself in danger would also endanger you, I'd never ever do that. It wouldn't be so illogical for me to endanger only me though, everyone out there is in danger right now. I'm not trying to scare you puppy but I want you to understand, what everyone's doing, what Remus is doing, is important. We're fighting a war. We're trying to keep people who want to hurt people like you, Hermione, or the Weasleys because they won't treat you poorly, out of power. It's a good reason to be in danger, a noble reason."

"You're just saying that because you're a Gryffindor."

Sirius puffed out his chest dramatically garnering giggles from Caelen, "Chivalry, bravery, daring, and nerve! Always a Gryffindor!" He proclaimed punctuating his words by digging his fingers into the girl's ribs.

"Stop! Stop uncle Sirius, stop!" Caelen squealed breathlessly.

"What's that? Uncle Sirius you're the bravest most dashing Gryffindor ever? Why thank you puppy I shan't disagree." Sirius laughed pulling the, still giggling, child close.

Caelen snorted nuzzling into his side as she settled down for the night. "You're incorrigible!"

"Wherever did you come up with a word like that? And what, pray tell, does it mean?"

"Mrs Weasley yelled it at the twins, she says it means they're beyond hope." Caelen responded around a large yawn.

"You're both right, the twins and I are definitely beyond hope." Sirius laughed placing a gentle kiss on Caelen's hair. "Goodnight puppy, love ya best."

"Goodnight uncle Sirius, love you back." She mumbled into the darkness before light snoring filled the air.

Sirius laughed lightly glancing out the window as thoughts of his best mate filled his mind. "Stay safe Remmy."

_________________________

The next few months flew by in a blur. As much as Sirius insisted she needn't worry and he wasn't so bothered he'd do something rash Sirius became moodier and moodier as the time went on until Caelen found herself nearly avoiding him in favor of the silence in the library.

He'd perk up slightly when anyone stopped in, especially Remus. But then, so did Caelen. He'd been ready to march on the ministry when Dumbledore had popped in, filling him in on the happenings at Hogwarts and the discovery of Dumbledore's Army.

Caelen thought it very much served that, Marietta, girl right. Betraying her friends in such a manner, to Caelen, was despicable and nearly unforgivable.

She found she often wished she could write Harry, or the twins, or especially her father. It wasn't that Sirius wasn't good company, when he wasn't moody and moping. She'd become very close to several of the teens over the summer and Christmas holidays, however, and found their absence, paired with the absence of her father and crankiness of her godfather, nearly unbearable.

They'd been on their own again for several weeks. Caelen was beginning to wonder if Sirius had in fact slipped out, seeing as she hadn't seen him since the previous afternoon and the sky was steadily growing darker as the sun made its descent behind the surrounding buildings. Her heart pounded nervously as she slipped from room to room. He wouldn't have left her. He promised he wouldn't. She reminded herself as she checked the final room on her current level and headed down the stairs. Despite her mental reassurances Caelen was frightened, the sort of fright one experiences when they feel alone and helpless, as the girl did now.

Thoughts of the possible dangers lurking in the house, not least of which her lingering fear of Kreachure, permeated her mind until her breaths came in short gasps. He had to be here somewhere, he just had to be! "Un-uncle Sirius w-wouldn't leave you. He wouldn't!" She insisted nervously, verbally this time as if the audible assurance would help where the mental had not.

In true Lupin fashion Caelen found herself searching the kitchen for chocolate to soothe her frazzled nerves. She smiled a tremulous smile upon discovering her father's 'secret' stash.

As she neared the final room on the main level, the only place in the parts she was allowed free access to that she hadn't checked, the young Lupin became aware of voices. One she recognized easily as the slightly off voice of the angry house elf, the other, it took her a moment to realize, was Harry.

Caelen found herself peeking through the slight gap in the door, desperate to hear and see her godbrother, yet terrified to enter a room alone with the house elf that, on their last encounter, had left her with a boggart. She struggled to make out the conversation finally concluding that Harry thought Sirius was in some sort of danger. She had no sooner come to this conclusion than other things began to register, the dangerous glint in Harry's eyes, the rushed tempo to his speach, the wicked gleam on Kreacher's face, all of which clued her in on two things, Kreacher was lying, and Harry was planning to do something rash.

As she came to this conclusion two actions began, without conscious thought Caelen began hurrying towards her godbrother. He, at the same moment, turned to carry out the intent so obviously blazing behind his green eyes. The young Lupin rushed across the dark room brushing past the maliciously grinning house elf as she went, her fingers grasping towards where Harry was vanishing as she called out "Harry!" With a violent spin and a gasp Caelen vanished through the flu from Grimauld place landing heavily on an unfamiliar floor.

_________________________

Oh my word you guys!!! I've been dying to write this part for like the past six chapters!!!! I'm so excited for the next chapter!!! Let's just say...they gon be feels!!!! (Said like mama odie from the princess and the frog) I'm so beyond excited yay yay yay!!!! I bet you're all really nervous huh? *cue psychotic laughter* ha ha ha ok I need to calm down but seriously I'm excited!! I hope you like this chapter I know it's a bit short but this is where I always planned to leave this part so whatever. Anywho. Is my cover photo still the baby wolf in someone's hands (I imagine them to be Remus' if anyone was wondering) because when I look at it in my works list it looks normal but when I pull it up to work on it it's some random teenage guy and little boy? Idk what that's about! Anyway comment and let me know please? Hope you liked it see you very very soon!