"What's are ride?" Thoth asked

"I do not know. We'll be dropping out of hyperspace in an hour to send a coded message for the vessel and our equipment requests to meet us on route a further twelve hours into the journey. Then apparently it's another forty hours in hyperspace aboard the star destroyer, I however hope our new transport will be faster." Thorne elaborated.

"Who's the pilot?" Eastre asked

"Again, I don't know, I think they come with the ship."

"After this first assault how are we going to continue if we need different equipment." Morrigan asked.

"I'll take that up with Tarkin when I hand him the list, I doubt the normal supply channels will have what we want, or be able to provide such a covert unit as ourselves." Thorne answered "Anything else?" there was a brief silence from the unit. "Ok, make the shopping list" he passed the data pad over Oakham and the unit moved over stating our typing equipment needs. Thorne thought about his own requests and the challenge his virtual mentor of the holocron has set him.

*

Thorne stood in front of Tarkin as the skeletal man read through the requests.

"There are some interesting choices on the list. I feel like I'm arming a group of bounty hunters." Tarkin spoke in his cool detached manner

"Not bounty hunters, although the specialism in manner of training do show through. Each member of the unit have their own specific tasks and as such need their unique weaponry and tools. Also, if you are wishing for us to be the best, standard issue equipment Will not be good enough." Thorne stated

"The stormtrooper is the best equipped soldier in the galaxy. Are you telling me their equipment is sub-standard?" Tarkin was curious just how far Thorne would take the issue of equipping his team, on one hand he knew Thorne would have to temper his request as their only method of survival was through himself and his patronage, but he also knew Thorne to be a conscientious leader and would want the best for his unit.

"In a word, yes. Within your own military frame you have those that are equipped far superior than the standard trooper. Dark troopers being the first instance as well as the advance reconnaissance units." Thorne could see the game being played, basic bargaining and superiority, but he would not fold the equipment request was what they needed.

"I can supply anything that used within my own stormtrooper battalions but nothing from outside." Tarkin replied, he could see the very individualistic request that must have been from Thorne himself.

"Then you can abort our mission."

"And why is that?" Tarkin asked with a quizzical exportation

"The para-gliders are not stormtrooper equipment and they are key to the success of the mission." Thorne stated simply

"Very well, I suppose they can be acquired but what of these crystals you've requested, are you to tell me they are essential as well " Tarkin knew this would be a point that Thorne would have to argue personally and was curious what direction he would take.

"If you wish me to continue the illicit training then yes, the crystals are necessary. I am aware your belief that those that walked the line could use any weapon, which is true but all begin with that singular weapon so that their skills can be honed." Thorne didn't trust that no one was listening and he knew now how illegal the training he was undertaking was.

"Very well, I will arrange something from my family's collection that should suffice. The last item is just credits. How much were you thinking? Funds are not easily acquired." Tarkin could see that Thorne believed that they were under surveillance and he was right to be paranoid, anywhere but here. Tarkin knew every inch of his austere office and was certain they were not being monitored.